Vancouver Trials Scene?

superhondaman

Try contacting the local club (CPTA). They have access to land just north of Vancouver and all their events are held at the same property. Their website is www.trialsclub.org.

If this does not work, you might try posting in the TrialsCanada website (www.trialscanada.com) and see if you can get some email addresses of some locals.

Im only a Jr rider but when i was little i went to vancouver to ride, They have some really nice events. The sections are really great, nice and flowy :D. Ill be riding one Vancouver this year, 2 alberta ones, prob all the natanals, 1 one the islands, one down in the u.s :D so ima be a busy rider.

I ride twinshock events near Vancouver. The CPTA (Canada Pacific Trials Association) has use of a property just up the inlet from Vancouver at Ioco, historically a townsite for the Imperial Oil CO. refinery nearby. Lots of great trails and world-class trials terrain.

In two weeks there's an event near Kamloops in BC's interior. The Outlaw trial is a top-notch event, I'm told. I'm planning on making it there for the Saturday twinshock event. CPTA only holds two twinshock events per year, in the spring and the fall. They're terrific events, even though turnout for the old bikes is usually only about ten or so, so modern classes round out the field.

What sort of bike do you ride? I just put together another Montesa to ride, a '72 247 Cota with the shifter and brake swapped sides.

Edited by vintageCota

I live over on Vancouver Island, just a short 90min ferry ride from the mainland. Trialscentral in Canada. We have two clubs here that both run between 6 and 7 events a year.All of the events offer a twinshock/vintage class that is quite well attended. Either way, lots of good riding over here! :D

Cheers, Steve

Hi SHM - Lots of ex Pats in Vancouver and BC in general - many of whom still ride trials. - The Ioco area mentioned in another post have at least one Classic Trial per year & as Steve says they have a twin shock class at most of the Island events - We have the "Outlaw Series" which has a twin shock class with two lines. These events are held in BC with the last in Alberta. The Original Outlaw Trial that started this concept goes for the 20th year next weekend near Kamloops BC - approx 4hours from Vancouver - There is fantastic country to ride all over Canada and enthusiasts are only a click away.

( note! A Welsh Army lad won the Calgary Alberta Trial last Sunday) check out my website for more info www.outlawtrials.com