4rt Using Lots Of Oil ? Help

viva 4rt

Hello all,

My 4RT is using half engine oil per trial ... fill up at start and after one full day riding its about half empty and needs topping up ?? . How much should it use ?

It has not dipped in power delivery and does not smoke, dont have leaks ... does anyone out there know what could be the problem ... or if it is problem ?

Thanks for any help

:D

Thanks FF, I'll check the airbox .... what's the fix if the box is full of oil ? .. why would this happen

I fill the oil up to max before a days riding and by the end of the day it's between the max and min markers

:D Thanks

Thanks for your input Dixie .... any idea how often the oil needs topping up under normal conditions ... I'd also be interested in why the oil would end up in the air box if anyone has any more information it would be appreciated.

Just to be clear -

I top the oil up at the start of the day (the way I check this is to start the bike and allow to run for 3 mins, then let it cool down for three mins. I then insert the dipstick without screwing it in ... the oil now measures on the max indicator. Four or five hours of riding and using the same as above measure the oil again, it now measures between the max and min indicators (not screwing the dipstick in .. is this correct ?, it is the method outlined in the 4RT manual)

Thanks all .... please add a reply if you have any thoughts

:D:wall:B):P:D

if you are checking the oil straight after riding for several hours the oil is probably still going round the engine and it`ll then settle again and if so this is probably the reason why there is oil in the airbox if there is as you are overfilling the oil just ride it several times and see if the oil goews down and if not it should be ok just dont let it go below the min mark

Thanks FF.

I thinking you are correct, air box is full of oil due to over filling. I set oil at 50% when not screwed in and drive 3 hours tonight without oil level drop and not in airbox. Thank you FF, you really do know your stuff.

:D

Edited by Viva 4RT