Usa Day 1

nigel dabster

Chris and his dad was at a recent welsh championship round in merthyr, I was impressed with his riding ablity hes very talented! The thing that got me annoyed was the front forks on my gas gas breaking me having to change them for a spare set, thus causing my time limit to be tight! The next section a young lad and his dad go straight to the front of the section qeue which has 10-15 riders in! now i know if my dad saw me do that he wouldnt be impressed!

Would anyone else like to stick the boot in while your there. :)

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have read the views on this thread a few times & for what its worth here is my take on it. Andy allows me to post reports on events Jack has rode in on the front page, that in it self is great support, & allows me to get Jacks name out there for the mass's to see, one of whom may come forward with an offer of some sort of sponsorship, (hopefully, please).

We do not,and would not expect any kind of monetary support from TC, the exposure is more then enough, & if we had some TC stickers we would surely put them on his bike etc. ;)

As for TC supporting the Youth riders, surely this is the job of the ACU, Importers, manufacturers of trials related products to do this, poeple who actually do make a profit from our sport/us, not the bloke who gives up most of his free time to promote our sport, for little or no financial gain, & if Andy does make a profit, so what, he deserves it.

Like wise Alan, you put alot of time & effort into Trials (Youth Indoor etc etc)

& without poeple like you & the hunreds of others around the country doing what they do each weekend we would'nt have a sport.

So we all do our bit, some more than others, but I think some of the press releases regarding sponsorship of riders from TC have been taken out of context.

Anyway thanks again Andy for allowing us to use your site. :)

Back to original topic, well done again Reg, & did you have fun doin the exam, what a way to come back down to earth, I felt the bump up here in Yorkshire :D

As for TC supporting the Youth riders, surely this is the job of the ACU, Importers, manufacturers of trials related products to do this, poeple who actually do make a profit from our sport/us, not the bloke who gives up most of his free time to promote our sport, for little or no financial gain....

I'm 100% with you reference the ACU. :)

The importers and factories do offer some support but it is extremely inconsistent across the board. Times are a changing and gone are the days when if you were a top rider you would go cap in hand to an importer/factory in the hope they might give you a few bits and pieces and maybe some discount off the bike. Not forgetting the one reason that kids are sponsored and that is to sell more of the machines they ride, its time to return that with a decent package.

Gasser 125's have in the past dominated the youth scene thanks to the likes of Wiggy, Ross & all the other youth gasser riders. No doubt the importers with vision will start putting together good sponsorship packages to look after/attract the best youth guys in the future. I know some are doing this right now!

I think TC is the best thing that happend to trials since T&MXN, so don't get me wrong. But i thought that some of the profits from the Photo site would be reinvested back into youth trials, but if thats not the case so be it.

The key word there is "profits". Trialsphotos runs on a bought package that's been heavily customised by me. The cost of that package was