Usa Day 1

nigel dabster

Wiggy has hit a streak of form where his riding is just impeccable. Loris Gubian was excellent in practice and his factory sherco is something special. He was hitting a 10ft step and getting up it with ease and when Wiggy had a few goes, he was giving it 110% and the bike couldnt get him up there. On saturday, Gubian had a problem with is arm hence the high score but saying that, Alexz's second round of 4 was outstanding. well done :)

This could go all the way to the wire and will be great to watch.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you can allways come and watch him do the kent youth british championship at cowden it will be as good as a world round

dont you think tc backed the wrong horse

you can allways come and watch him do the kent youth british championship at cowden it will be as good as a world round

Interesting point, i thought the origanal idea was for T.C. to reinvest money back into youth trials in general, as apposed to one youth. :)

Wiggy has hit a streak of form where his riding is just impeccable. Loris Gubian was excellent in practice and his factory sherco is something special. He was hitting a 10ft step and getting up it with ease and when Wiggy had a few goes, he was giving it 110% and the bike couldnt get him up there. On saturday, Gubian had a problem with is arm hence the high score but saying that, Alexz's second round of 4 was outstanding. well done :)

Interesting, In standard form I'd say the Gas Gas has a big edge over the Sherco normally but Wiggy's bike is something else. NYL's bike has a few mods that make it better than the Standard bike and it has shown in recent trials, (Despite niggling cooling problems). NYL has noted that the bike in the Photo's didn't look like the bike Alex normally uses so perhaps Louis gained ground on Alex because of that. Having said that I think the conbination is the key. The better the bike "feels" the more a good rider can "use" it.

Interesting, In standard form I'd say the Gas Gas has a big edge over the Sherco normally but Wiggy's bike is something else. NYL's bike has a few mods that make it better than the Standard bike and it has shown in recent trials, (Despite niggling cooling problems). NYL has noted that the bike in the Photo's didn't look like the bike Alex normally uses so perhaps Louis gained ground on Alex because of that. Having said that I think the conbination is the key. The better the bike "feels" the more a good rider can "use" it.

Lee Sampson rode a completely stock Sherco 125 and didnt suffer because of it. He rode very well :D

I know I am a Sherco man but you had to be there to witness it. The Sherco of Gubians (which had stock carb) was significantly more powerful than the gasser (with keihin & high comp head fitted). Just ask Julian as he saw it too.

Trials Central back no individual rider. Where you got that from I don't know. If you look at the photos you'll see that both Alexz and Ross have Trials Central stickers on their bikes - and I was extremely pleased and proud to see them there. They are both supported, but in different ways. I'd support both (and others) a helluva lot more if it were possible, but there's no favouritism in my camp.

Interesting point, i thought the origanal idea was for T.C. to reinvest money back into youth trials in general, as apposed to one youth. :)

Okay Alan - I'll bite. What's your issue? We gave your youth Trial major coverage at the expense of those who attended. You seem unwilling to give those youth riders who succeed any credit for what they do - or any compliments you do give are backhanded ones. What's the problem? Shouldn't you be happy these guys are doing well? Do you think Trials Central should be pumping loads of cash into your lad? Where's the issue?

Ok Andy you bite, and i will to.

I want to see Alexz Wigg win the world trials championship as much as anyone, because i know and like the kid and his dad too. But winning one or two rounds don't give you the championship. Eveyone needs to keep thier feet on the ground untill the title is won, and just because he won in the US, don't mean he's won the championship.

Also i thought that TC was going to reinvest some if any of its profits back into youth trials, and eveyone would be happy with that. There is a need for someone to help the younger lads in this country, a day spent with a top rider is worth it's weight in gold, but knowone seems to be willing to pay for help untill they reach 15, by which time some of the more talented lads will have given up.

But all we know is that TC have sponsored Ross Danby, but if you have helped Alexz why haven't we heared about it before. :)

Finaly let me say that with out the help and intrest generated by TC last year our British championship and indoor trial would,nt have been half as good as it was, so in the name and intrest of the sport lets all row the boat in the same direction. :D

I want to see Alexz Wigg win the world trials championship as much as anyone, because i know and like the kid and his dad too. But winning one or two rounds don't give you the championship. Eveyone needs to keep thier feet on the ground untill the title is won, and just because he won in the US, don't mean he's won the championship.

Alexz has his feet firmly on the ground. What you read on Trials Central is his press machine. It is not his words. He's one of the most down to earth guys I've met and makes no pretences about his abilities.

Also i thought that TC was going to reinvest some if any of its profits back into youth trials, and eveyone would be happy with that.

Profit? You think I make a profit out of this? Hahahahahaha. I'd love to, but you're sadly mistaken if you think that's the case. I lose money big time on Trials Central. If you think I'm making money out of this game then you're living on another planet. I don't see the Trials Central Supporter logo under your username which, given the above, means you're expecting return with zero investment?

There is a need for someone to help the younger lads in this country, a day spent with a top rider is worth it's weight in gold, but knowone seems to be willing to pay for help untill they reach 15, by which time some of the more talented lads will have given up.

I'd do it, but how do you propose I raise the funds to do it? (

But all we know is that TC have sponsored Ross Danby, but if you have helped Alexz why haven't we heared about it before. :)

You have heard about it before. You just obviously weren't paying attention. Trials Central haven't directly sponsored Ross Danby. As was stated previously, private parties have sponsored Ross in the name of Trials Central. It works for them as they get publicity via the site and it works for me with him having TC stickers on his bike. With Alexz, I host his website. It's not much, but it does mean he has a few quid more to spend on getting to events and he's appreciative of that - as both he and Ross are of all those who look after them

Would I invest in Chris Stay right now? No. Because your attitude towards things isn't in the spirit of the sport. You're putting great riders down for no reason other than they have my support and your lad doesn't. That's not fair on Chris, is it?

Read this thread a wee while ago and have been getting more pi$$ed off about it since. Night shift and rather philosophical but bear with me.

In the last 30 years two landmark events have changed trials and the way the message gets out to us and the wider world about what we do and the kind of people we are or maybe should be.

The first was a paper, TMX, 15p in my sweaty mitt running to the local paper shop to get the first issue, I still have it. No more half a page in the MCN but a paper devoted to the off road game. Pages of trials reports & pictures, local stuff, wherever you lived, pictures & cuttings of my old man in the same scrapbook as pics of my trials messiah, his name is Lampkin too and he shouts a lot. Inspirational stuff to a kid.

Move on 27 years(roughly)and this thing called Trials Central appears on the Internet thingy. First few months of reading this brought some of that youthful excitment back. World Round scores on the day of the trial, didn't have to wait for TMX. Pictures, stories, your own results, your own pictures if you want. The TC Forum is the best thing that ever happened to our sport, we don't have to wait till a Sunday to talk trials with our mates just switch on the computer. We talk about the state of the sport, we see the up and coming riders punching their way into the world game like never before. It's inspirational stuff again, why, because our kids read this site. My daughter does, why, because she met the guy that makes it happen.

What Andy Grieg has done with this site is not just give us something to read while the wife watches Corrie or Deadenders, it has moved the evolution of sport of trials forward by light years. When ever before could we communicate with a rider down the road, or in Canada, America, or even Yorkshire. When have we ever had a truly GLOBAL trials community, that's what this has created.

This doesn't come cheap, web space is expensive, servers, domain names, security, Andy coming to your event to take some pics with his aging box brownie isn't cheap when you look at the places he travels to, the coverage of events around the UK are not all Andy I know, but the vast majority of it is. Andy and TC give more back to this sport than we could ever pay for. If Andy is able to help our young riders in any way then I'm quite sure they are more than grateful for any help they can get. If my

I can't understand were this bit about criticising riders come from, could someone tell me.

I did try to send money to TC supporters but i could'nt get it to work through Pay Pal, but if you E mail me an address i will send you a cheque, and it will be for more than

Would I invest in Chris Stay right now? No. Because your attitude towards things  isn't in the spirit of the sport. You're putting great riders down for no reason other than they have my support and your lad doesn't. That's not fair on Chris, is it?

Chris and his dad was at a recent welsh championship round in merthyr, I was impressed with his riding ablity hes very talented! The thing that got me annoyed was the front forks on my gas gas breaking me having to change them for a spare set, thus causing my time limit to be tight! The next section a young lad and his dad go straight to the front of the section qeue which has 10-15 riders in! now i know if my dad saw me do that he wouldnt be impressed!