*help* Any Ideas With Heavy Clutch?

opdeweegh1

Hey Guys.

I need some help/advice on a gasgas 03 300 pro clutch?

A couple of months ago I removed my clutch cover for routine maintenance.

While putting it back together the clutch cylinder came off the inside of the cluth cover, no big deal. Put it back on and assembled the cover housing, removed the master cylinder cover and used a syringe to back bleed the clutch from the bleed nipple at the clutch cover through to the master cylinder.

Every thing went Ok and the clutch seemed fine, however I have noticed over the past couple of months that the clutch lever operation appears to be alot heavier and after about an hours riding my forearm resembles that of popeye!

I have tried opening the bleed nipple and reducing the pressure a bit, but that just makes the clutch operation soft again until the pumping of the lever pumps up the clutch and it becomes heavy again.

I've heard maybe to install a larger master cylinder or even remove a couple of the clutch fingers from inside the clutch basket to make it a bit lighter.

Does anyone have any similar experience or ideas please before I go spending cash to resolve a problem that wasn't there originally?

Cheers. :wall:

my 250 is the same you have to remove the clutch and measure the plates they should be 9. something althogether and they swell up so you have to buy smaller or bigger plates to make them the right size....easiest thing to do is email Kev at gas gas his email is on the gas gas website.

Lewis is correct due to the clutch pack that can swell from time to time it can become heavy. you need to remove the clutch pack ie steels and fibre plates and hold them together tight in one hand and measure with a vernier caliper. the measurement should be 9.75 min and no more than 9.85 alterations are carried out by obtaining steel plates that come in 1.5, 1.4 and i think 1.3 what ever yours measures you can reduce if over size by swapping a steel plate with those mentioned to get back to the 9.75 tolerance.