Rear Shocks

unclebuck

Ok, the Otter/C15 is almost complete to the point where I can start riding it. One thing I need to do is replace the cheap NJB shocks that I've been using as 'place holders' for something a little better - I'm thinking a pair of Betors or similar.

Does anyone have anything suitable knocking about? or can anybody offer any suggestions/advice as to where I can get something reasonably competative for a sensible price?

Cheers

UB :)

• 2 weeks later...

Looked at Falcons. Nice but pricey for my current needs. NJB ones with the universal bearings at each end are a nice idea, but completely untested AFAIK. Betors were a good compromise of price and quality and I've seen them around on plenty of other 250cc machines, so I went with those in the end.

Cheers :P

:crying:

Looked at Falcons. Nice but pricey for my current needs. NJB ones with the universal bearings at each end are a nice idea, but completely untested AFAIK. Betors were a good compromise of price and quality and I've seen them around on plenty of other 250cc machines, so I went with those in the end.

Cheers

I'm using the "new" NJB on my HT5 after hearing good things about them. So far so good and they are definitely a better setup for a heavier rider then the new Betors I had on previously... despite the "heavy" springs specified there. They look like something off of a mini-bike in comparison and it's a wonder the shafts didn't start to bend on them!

DH