Engine Casings

superflytx270

Just received my new clutch cover and flywheel covers for the old dog, anyone know what lies in wait behind the flywheel cover when i go to change it as i've never taken that side off before.

Also the clutch one i've had off before but i have a problem this time where i rounded one of the stupid little allen bolts on it any ideas on the best way to remove said bolt, cut a slot to use large screwdriver or tap a spline fitting into it for more bite?

I'd suggest you try the spline bit first, then if that doesn't work resort to cutting a slot.

As for the ignition side cover, no scary stuff in there. Although if it's never been off, there maybe some corrosion on the flywheel and stator assembly. I've alway made a practice of taking the cover off periodically and spraying bits down with WD40 or similar, or at least letting it dry well inside. You'll get condensation in there commonly and usually some leaked in water as well.