Bsa B40

duckwizard

Query for you knowlegable people.

Is there meant to be a slipper pad on the B40 duplex chain tensioner.

Mine seems to run on the metal adjuster bracket !!

It is also badly grooved, where the chain has been running.

Is their supposed to be a pad of sorts ? :crying:

hi duckwizard, the answer is no my b40 is the same, also i had run out of adjustment and the chain was still slack. i brought a new chain from millers and it was still slack. after removing a link and very carefully refitting chain and clutch basket together the tension was perfect leaving the tensioner just touching the chain. the only reason i can think of for the new chain being to slack to start with is that i have a smaller engine sprocket fitted also from miller. hope this helps my b40 runs and sounds fine.

:D You seem to be expecting a modern sort of slipper pad, made out of some replaceable plastic,there never was one!The chain just runs over the curved metal of the tensioner, and yes, it does get very scored. If you know an engineer he can braze it up, and file it back down smooth, if not, just let it run as it is, after all these bikes don't do a great deal of miles on the road any more.