New Beta 06

the addict

Bought a new 270 rev 3 a few weeks ago, not that impressed with it so far. Discovered on the weekend the damping rod was not attatched to the top cap so that has now cured the terrible front end problems the bike has had from new.

Also the carburation is rubbish, tried every thing I can but it still wont run well. I am giving it one last go this Sunday and if it does nt pick up clean and rev out as it should I'm going to try a Dellorto Flat side. Just wondering if anyone has stuck one on the Beta here and does it cure the fuel spillage problem the Mikuni has? Mine is spilling more petrol than the bike is using and it is really pi---ng me off now.

Thanks

You got the carb mod on it? that normally cures the problem. Also I have found that you should put a hotter heat range plug in, think I'm using BPR 7ES NGK, stops it oiling up all the time, and makes the bike rev out a lot better. Its a simple change that really does make a difference.

Yer, got the extra float bowl extension on and i have tried a smaller pilot jet which made it pick up a little better. Not tried a hotter plug yet, dropped the needle a notch as well but still not as it should be.

Thanks