Scots Suport England

g4321

The once mighty Tartan army, probably all about 60 years old and still talking about Archie Gemmils goal in Argentina in 1978, over a bottle of buckfast and a deep fried mars bar.

I think the Scots have forgetten how to support their football team and instead resort to supporting anyone against the English. I wonder how many Scots when celebrating England's defeat by Portugal actually released how sad they had become as a footballing nation.

The English fans have also been declared not hooligans anymore, The football banning orders will have had a small affect on that but Scotland itself is not exactly free of football violence is it?

Edited by Cota Kid

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just to set the record straight 0.9% of English fans were arrested but I agree that's a tiny minority.

Would Scotland have had 85,000 fans at the cup if we had qualified? I doubt it but remember that Celtic took 45,000 to Portugal for the European Cup or what ever its now called a couple of years ago and that's just one club. I think Scotland may have a higher per capita attendance than England though if you remember that more poeple live in London that in the whole of Scotland.

To get back to the root cause though. It's not the English we don't like (I married a lovely English girl). It's the media as Andy pointed out. We are patriotic but no more so that the English. It's just that the English doesn't had to put up with being called Scottish all the time like we do. Our papers are printed and edited in Scotland but I don't tend to read papers much. It's the TV and Radio media who is Southern biased (probably ****es off the northern English just as much when the story is not a national one like the World Cup). All we have had for the past few weeks is stories of what's happening in the English camp and how English won't meet Brazil until the final like it was cast in stone that they would make it that far.

Take the weather reports as an example of the southern bias. What do you think it feels like living in Aberdeen when we hear the weather in the North is going to be good or bad and we see that they are speaking about Manchester. Aberdeen is as far from Manchester as Manchester is from the English Channel and there is still a couple of hundred miles to the North coast of the mainland. Then another few hundred to the tip of Shetland. If this doesn't make it plane to see that something is wrong nothing will.

Rant over. Please don't take any of this football England Scotland thing too seriously. Football and other sports national team sports are only used because it gives us a change to make the point that we do exist and do have a different national identity.

Some people seem to be getting a bit high and mighty when neither country has much room to talk recently. There are thugs throughout football. Celtic and Rangers have their own, Aberdeen probably has more. The more recent news stories have been of non-football related Scottish attacks on English including a 7 year old boy. I've no idea how you can sit on your high horse looking down at the 84,900 England fans that followed their team peacefully.

The quaint news story is the tartan army on the march. If your 0.01% caused trouble nobody would hear him. :thumbup:

If I was travelling almost alone, I wouldn't cause any trouble either. :D

And apparently there is a local "gang" trying to find the thug to give him a "make over" :P ...all Scots I might add. In all bar very few moronic cases, I think most of us were disgusted by that...

I understand why Scots may feel upset by the bias towards England on TV and weather reports etc but at the end of the day, like Bigfoot pointed out, more people live in London than Scotland. 50,000,000 live in England, around 5,000,000 in Scotland and almost 3,000,000 in Wales. Is there any wonder that England gets more coverage than Scotland and Wales? There's more than 10 times the population in England than Scotland!!! All the media is doing is catering for the majority, that is what a democratic country does or am I missing something?

Edited by boofont

No Boof you're not missing anything but it doesn't mean we have to like it.

You ask 100 Englishmen if they'd like to see Scotland set adrift, and you'd probably get more positives that asking 100 jocks judging by the popularity of your Scottish Nationalist Party.

If the jocks want out they should vote that way. They can always vote for less extreme party's once they've rebuilt the wall.

What's up with you lot? Sort it out and leave us alone.

P.S. The oil's ours, we won it :thumbup:

'What I did on my holidays'. It eWhat I did on my summer holiday

By Theo Walcott Esq aged 17 1/3

I went to a place called Germany with my Uncle Sven and some other grown

up's.

It is a country in Europe where a bad man called Adolf used to live with

his nazties, he does not live there anymore, Uncle Owen does live there,

and the grown up's say I cant talk about the bad man as it will make

Uncle Owen cry if I do.

In Germany there are lots of castles and some mountains.

We are staying in a place called Baden Baden that's a silly name, Uncle

Frank has the same name as his dad, that's silly too, his mum must get

their underpants mixed up all the time.

On the aeroplane Uncle Sol sat next to me, he got me some toffee and

wants to be my friend, he works at the place where I do my YTS, so does

Uncle Freddy but him and Uncle Sol are not best friends anymore.

Uncle Owen met us at the airport, he talks foreign, Uncle Wayne, Uncle

Steven and Uncle David also talk funny, my mum says Uncle David talks

like Orville, he is a duck, Uncle Sol say's uncle David wears dresses

and knickers, and asked me if I had ever worn them. Uncle Sol got me

some pop.

In Germany the grown ups are going to play football, my grandad says we

beat them in the olden days before my mum was born. That is a long time

ago.

While the grown up's went to play football so I went shopping with

Auntie Vicky and some other girls she bought me a big ice cream and got

herself a little one but she said she was full before she had eaten any

and threw it away. She bought lots of shoes and handbags and let me play

with Brooklyn.

She say's she used to be in a pop band and sang me one of her songs, I

think she was telling fibs.

I told Uncle Sol about my day out with Vicky and he sulked, then he

bought me an even bigger ice cream with lots of hundred's & thousands on

it.

All the other grown up's have a girlfriend except Uncle Sol so he plays

with me while they go out. Uncle Sven says I must keep Uncle Sol happy,

that's why I got taken on holiday.

The grown up's went to play Football against somebody called Sweden,

Uncle Sol was crying as Uncle Freddy played for them and would not talk

to him.

Uncle Sol bought me lots of toffee today and some crisps. Uncle Sven is

from Sweden and I heard him on the phone to their boss last night. Uncle

Michael hurt his knee and had to go home to his mum for a plaster. Uncle

Peter is a

giant, a proper giant like you see in books, he is rubbish at football

though.

Uncle Wayne had a sore toe at the start of out holiday but it got better

so they let him play football. Uncle Sol got me a present but I do not

like it.

He says all Germans wear leather underpants and I should while we are

here, they are too tight for me.

All the grown up's started to call Uncle Wayne a potato head who stood

on somebodys spuds. He got shouted at by the referee.

They are all saying that we have to go home now.

Uncle Sol was crying again and I had to sit on his knee to make him

stop. He had his mobile phone in his pocket, I think.

Subject: Frightened Dad

A father entered his daughter's bedroom and saw a letter on the bed.With the worst premonition, he read it with trembling hands.

Dear Mum and Dad, it is with great regret and sorrow that I'm telling you that I've eloped with my new boyfriend. I've found real love and he is so nice. Especially with all his piercings, scars, tattoos, and his big motorcycle. But it's not only that, I'm pregnant, and Ahmed said that we will be very happy in his trailer in the woods.

He wants to have many more children with me and that's one of my dreams. I

p.s:

Dad, it's not true. I'm watching TV at a neighbour's house. I just

wanted to show you that there are worse things in life than ENGLAND

GETTING BEAT ON F*CKING PENALTIES AGAIN,.

Love it......it'll be round the office first thing in the morning.

Ian.

[still alive!]

A good one and oh so very true!

Melbourne Age, Australia (AP)

A seven year old boy was at the centre of a courtroom drama yesterday when he challenged a court ruling over who should have custody of him.

The boy, whose name was suppressed by the court, has a history of being beaten by his parents and the judge initially awarded custody to his aunt, in keeping with the child custody law and regulations requiring that family unity be maintained to the degree possible.

However, the boy surprised the court when he made an unsworn statement to the effect that his aunt beat him more than his parents and his lawyers declared that he adamantly refused to live with her.

When the judge suggested that he live with his grandparents, the boy's lawyer told the court that they also used to beat him.

After considering the remainder of the immediate family and learning that domestic violence was apparently a way of life among them, the judge took the unprecedented step of allowing the boy to propose who should have custody of him.

After two recesses to check legal references and confer with child welfare officials, the judge granted temporary custody to the English Soccer Team, whom the boy firmly believes are not capable of beating anyone.

Amazing isn't how many jokes there are at the expense of the English team.................................wonder why?

Edited by g4321