Trials Central Supporter

the addict

Just signed up for this and well worth the ten quid. Just seen all the extra pics and video clips of France and looking forward to loads more from the italy round. If anyone wonders whether its worth the money I can safely say Yes it is, and no doubt helps with the costs of running this top site.

Thanks ;)

The volume of bandwidth used in May by providing everything to everybody for free was becoming totally unsustainable financially. Hundreds of remote sites were linking direct to the videos and photos and not even mentioning Trials Central. This led to all sorts of problems with massive bandwidth use. I'd love to do it free for all, but can't (and won't!) pay for bandwidth used by remote sites stealing content. At least this way I can restrict access to those who are actually supporting the site financially to ensure it's continued presence and growth.

I've been doing some work since getting back from France to implement a decent "membership" system instead of relying on the forums for publication of exclusive content. I'm pretty close to getting that finished. Once that's done things will change so you can access supporters content direct from the news article without having to go via the forums. More on that soon

For anybody reading this wondering what a supporter is, I'm not publicising it right now until I get a better system in place. The current system is clunky and requires me to manually upgrade peope. The new system will be automated with instant access and upgrade.