Sherco Clutch

djdenzil

I am struggling with my clutch on a 2006 290. My riding is improving but is been hampered by the ability to slip the clutch when riding in general/ big steps.

Is there an answer out there as the clutch is either engaged/disengaged, with no play in between, which makes riding sometimes difficult!!!!

:D:beer::P

Ok, heres my take!

If your clutch is correct and adjusted and good clean fluid(75 mtf), it should release(little or no creep) when index finger has lever against your other fingers.

It starts to creep when lever is just off fingers!

Find a grassey knoll and stop on the side of the hill in second gear and learn to set the throttle and modulate the clutch just off the fingers to get going again without spinning the wheel! THAT is the SWEET SPOT!

Do it again in third gear, then do it in first!

You should be able to do it in all three and find traction!

Move your index finger out further on the lever for finer control!

Using the same advanced technique by setting the throttle and using the clutch to control the bike will get you up some steps if you can place the front wheel! That is another topic!

Most everything happens within 15-20 mm movement of the ball end of the lever, much less in close! Practice makes perfect! And strengthens your finger!

Cheers,

:D

Edited by copemech

i rode dj`s bike its nothing to do with the way he is using the clutch,its the clutch itself is absolutely horrible its either in or out you cant slip it,ive tried many times,the clutch on my gasgas is gorgeous and smooth compared to it.