Rev 3 Flooded

leggins

copemech

Looking at your avater/picture it looks like you like to have your bum in the air. :wub:

Good job Steve does not know were Munster is or else he would be all over that sweet Texas puntang :beer:

Copemech riding in Munster (Camelback) in September 106F on a Beta with 106 octane and the bike would go lean and vapour lock. Nothing would cure this except me installing a switch on the bars to turn on the fan at will.

Installing a small battery pack let me run the fan whilst the bike was turned off. The bike would not start after sitting for ten minutes or so unless the fan was drawing the temps down.

Glad you spoke up about the hot riding in Texas and how it can play havoc with some bikes.

Thanks <_<

BillyT

Oh contrare mon ami Billy T. Not only do I know where Muenster is, I have had some of my best rides there in the past. I won a Central Regional series event there once and also my very first US Nat'ls (albeit the Expert class) in 1993. I have fond memories of that place. I was also there in 83 to see my first world round. Went to some sort of barn dance and drank Tequila to become some sort of honorary Texan. It was a sad day indeed for me when I read the news about Dave Seeley passing as he was truly one of the finest gentleman I had ever met!

As well, there isn't enough ink here to tell all the tales about sitting around the campfire with Ramon and Danny drinking Corona's trying to get Jonny Andersson to eat a Jalapeno pepper!!

Steve

Mon ami Steve

Arret avec fromage aux repetrois.

Sorry I forgot you were well travelled in the trials circles.

What about aaaaa Rockypoint, Devils den, city park, saltilo mountain range, rennie, waiprous, fallen timber.

Franciose wife <_<

BillyT :beer:

Edited by BillyT

Bit late in on the post but...

Scott had the issue solved in the 1920's they used a thermo siphon to circulate the water so no water pump required. Maybe if there was a bypass valve uhmm that would need a battery to activate q.e.d

You're close Billy, hmmmmmmmmmm, interesting you would know too. It was Billy's *** bouy. Not sure how he got that one though. Seriously, when I introduced Francois to Sid Maudlin on the fri night in the lounge, he said " I won't be able to pronounce that name, we'll just call you Tex from now on". Priceless! <_<

Leggins:

Just reading through the post's again and didn't you post on here earlier that you were in Winnipeg??? The later on this thread you mentioned being in England. What gives???

HI steve

Wow that post went off a tangent. Yes steve you are right I did live in Winnipeg throught the 90,s. I moved out there after deciding that I needed a change from the usual routine. After 9 winters there should I say long winters there it was time to return to the homeland. My time in the peg was a great time in my life ,I met some fantastic people a plan to head back out there next year . That is unless I spend the cash on a new Beta.....

I will take the oppertunity when there to serch out the Take 5 trials club and hopefully post some photos on this site.

cheers leggins

p.s. Will sort out that battery pack for the fan . <_<

Hi Leggins

My wife is from Winnipeg so I get to go back there to visit (unfourtunatly).

The "Take Five" club has not exsisted for over ten years now. They got into a big fight after the Rennie world round and all went their own way. No trials what so ever there now!

Gary, Francois etc are all doing other things now.

Take care and let us know how you get on with the battery pack!

Cheers

BillyT <_<

Hi Billy

Well mate thats put an end to my Winnipeg search so I guess I will have to spend my time watching the wild life at Grand beach, hmmmm if you know what I mean.

Tell your wife that i used to live in st.Boniface just off rue Archibald she if knows the area.

As far as the battery pack is concerned I have to get my teenage son to sort it out for me as he is a demon with electronics. The only problem is actually getting him to do it as he,s got lots of distractions i.e girlfriends, beer, and his Suzuki bandit street fighter......what a life eh ? Will talk to you later mate its time to do dishes

cheers leggins <_<

Edited by leggins

• 17 years later...

1 hour ago, Chrissy1990 said:

Hi I’ve bought a beta rev 3 250 and it’s flooding into to exhaust any one no why please 

Buy a carb re build kit and new floats with a new needle jet  along with a new fuel shut off valve as well then take the carb apart completely and clean it thoroughly ,  preferably with a ultra sonic cleaning bath and blow all the air passages out with compressed air , set the float height up as per the owners manual and put the recommended jets in for your country. Turn the fuel tap OFF every time  you park the bike up to walk the sections and any time the motor is not running  to help avoid the flooding problem ,

Edited by Tr1AL

3 hours ago, Chrissy1990 said:

Hi I’ve bought a beta rev 3 250 and it’s flooding into to exhaust any one no why please 

Wow that’s a lot of fuel, the overflow tube must be plugged or routed up instead of down, fuel would need to get past the reed valves and completely fill the crankcase, fill the scavenging ports and leak out past the crown of the piston.  Check the carb overflow vent pipe first.