Kt250 Tank

paulm

I have a Kawasaki KT250 tank that has rust on the inside and outside and a minor dent. :thumbup:

Anyone suggest somewhere to get it repaired and painted!

Or replacement tank!!!!!!!

Also does anyone know what the engine mod was on the Gollner KT`s

i was'nt aware that there was an egine mod on the Gollner KT. My father & i had one for a couple of years. I thought the difference was obviously the frame, the fork rake was steeper to imptove steering, & the swing arm was a little different.

Nice ones worth some money, practically give ours away. Wish we had kept it.

If you're interested in buying a Gollner Kawasaki KT250 I know of one for sale. It's a runner, needs a bit of work, has been painted all black, but is all there except the bash plate. If you're interested telephone Colin on 01543 672759

• 6 months later...

Hi, The gollner kt's were modded by adding a great big flywheel weight!!! personally i wouldn't go this way as it makes the bike flat as a fart! best to leave the std kt flywheel intact! as for tanks everyone the world over were looking for kt tanks 4-5 years ago! so will be even rarer now! best bet is to seal the inside of the tank with petseal or flowliner and then take it to a car body shop and ask them to spray it for you.

hope the above helps?

Thanks Scotty

Have done just that. Tank sealed and dents repaired , decals have arrived from New Zealand so will get the tank and side panel`s painted shortly. :thumbup:

Will try the Gollner with and without the flywheel weight and let you know.

Paul

Paul M, Are you doing your bike the original gollner yellow? mine was red with black/white KT stripes! but this colour is not the original for these bikes!

if you look on the vintage kawasaki kt250 web site my bike used to be under owners bikes / show us yours type of thing?

anyhow the quality of the frame/welding was top notch! same as a whitlock suzuki! but just couldn't get on with the high position of the footrests and as the frame was constructed so beautifully i wouldn't mess with it!!!

never took the flywheel weight off! but when in use and trying to loft the front wheel say when clearing a log it was bloody hard work! a bit like the heavy flywheel fitted to the 250 yam majestys!

If spraying the tank to the original kt green i took a match from the nissan micra green 1998 its very close to the A2 1977 on, as in candy apple green! the A1 1976 was a flat lime green much like the kx motocrossers!

Paul M, Are you doing your bike the original gollner yellow? mine was red with black/white KT stripes! but this colour is not the original for these bikes!

if you look on the vintage kawasaki kt250 web site my bike used to be under owners bikes / show us yours type of thing?

anyhow the quality of the frame/welding was top notch! same as a whitlock suzuki! but just couldn't get on with the high position of the footrests and as the frame was constructed so beautifully i wouldn't mess with it!!!

never took the flywheel weight off! but when in use and trying to loft the front wheel say when clearing a log it was bloody hard work! a bit like the heavy flywheel fitted to the 250 yam majestys!

If spraying the tank to the original kt green i took a match from the nissan micra green 1998 its very close to the A2 1977 on, as in candy apple green! the A1 1976 was a flat lime green much like the kx motocrossers!

Hi Scotty

I have two Kawasaki kt`s , a std and a gollner . The std Kt as you said is nissan micra 97-98 apple candy green but as yet do not know what colour yellow the gollner was !

It has been suggested it was the same as the beamish suzuki ,Renault cad yellow.( unless someone know`s different).

Hi guys, have a Gollner KT with an original B&J racing 305cc conversion from 1975, also a reed valve conversion, mods to middle silencer, makes the extra flywheel a neccesity to tame it! Had to move the footrest's as they were way too high on the gollner frame, lots of other mods that have evolved over the 4 years I've owned it, my favorite mod being a '80 YZ490 twin leading hub for the front brake, almost the same power as a disc, superb feel. Love the fact more Kt's are making it back out, been a bit lonley in the classic rounds. will try and post a pic.

Hi Scotty

I have two Kawasaki kt`s , a std and a gollner . The std Kt as you said is nissan micra 97-98 apple candy green but as yet do not know what colour yellow the gollner was !

It has been suggested it was the same as the beamish suzuki ,Renault cad yellow.( unless someone know`s different).

YES id go with that! dave at bultaco uk had an original yellow gollner (the best one id ever seen!) and the colour looked the same yellow as the beamish suzukis, regards Nick

Hi guys, have a Gollner KT with an original B&J racing 305cc conversion from 1975, also a reed valve conversion, mods to middle silencer, makes the extra flywheel a neccesity to tame it! Had to move the footrest's as they were way too high on the gollner frame, lots of other mods that have evolved over the 4 years I've owned it, my favorite mod being a '80 YZ490 twin leading hub for the front brake, almost the same power as a disc, superb feel. Love the fact more Kt's are making it back out, been a bit lonley in the classic rounds. will try and post a pic.

How much did you lower the footrests by . A picky or two would be great!! :lol:

Paul

The footrest position is as follows...... the lowest point is the horizontal line of bottom of the bash plate, looking at the side view, carry that line back to the leading edge of the rear tyre, that is the ideal position for the pivot point of the footrest, you end up with a triangular shape bracket that will need to be BRAZED onto the frame (because of the amount of existing braze on the Gollner frame in that viscinity). This is the place that we used to position the footrest's on the blue Bultaco's back in the day, seems ideal place for foot position and max grip. Sammy miller supplied the footrest mounts. make sure you keep the lowest point of the footrest above the bashplate line.

If I could get some hand holding on the subject of posting pic's I would!

The footrest position is as follows...... the lowest point is the horizontal line of bottom of the bash plate, looking at the side view, carry that line back to the leading edge of the rear tyre, that is the ideal position for the pivot point of the footrest, you end up with a triangular shape bracket that will need to be BRAZED onto the frame (because of the amount of existing braze on the Gollner frame in that viscinity). This is the place that we used to position the footrest's on the blue Bultaco's back in the day, seems ideal place for foot position and max grip. Sammy miller supplied the footrest mounts. make sure you keep the lowest point of the footrest above the bashplate line.

If I could get some hand holding on the subject of posting pic's I would!

Sorry cannot help with posting pics but if you could email would be a great help

Paul paulwholesale@hotmail.com :lol: