What To Do With The Gasgas?

goody

I recenly bought a JTR160 which has been sleeved down to approx 100cc, the reason I got it was to let my boy have a go to see how he got on. As it turns out he is not that keen so I've ended up with a bike that's a little underpowered for me to ride, still had a good day out on it though it picks the front up easily enough but runs out of steam on longer climbs. I got the original piston with it but my engineering shop can't rebore the fitted sleeve as there would not be enough thickness left. It seems a shame to sell it as i've gone over everthing to make sure it's ok stripped and greased rear linkage new fork bushes and seals new pads sprockets etc. So what do I do sell it and hope to get

you can get big money into old bikes fast, as least over here.

Personally, I'd ride it as is until your ability passes it by. In the mean time, watching ebay or salvage yards for used barrel and piston and also a larger bike. If something reasonable turns up, update it. If not, either sell it or keep as a spare buddy bike, and get a larger bike for you.

I ride my daughters 200 160 actually) and I think it forces me to learn technique rather than just throttle power. Actually hasn't taught me technique, but I am trying.

Like 'free puppies', the project starts out simple and the costs quickly rise. (Trust me, I am doing a house remodel right now, currently at at least double the planned costs.......)

kcj