315r Restrictors

postmanpat

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Just been reading this topic as someone mentioned to me at a trial last week that I should remove such restrictors on my 315 to give me more power! Is this the case? And...how do you do it and is it worth the hassle? Is it just a simple case of opening up the bore size in the areas mentioned?

I was also told to remove the piece of plastic that restricts the air intake through the air filter?

Any advice would be much appreciated as I'm very curious about this now!

Thanks,

Mark

Hi,

Just been reading this topic as someone mentioned to me at a trial last week that I should remove such restrictors on my 315 to give me more power! Is this the case?

I don't know.

Is lack of power holding you back? :unsure:

That may sound flip, but most riders would do better with less power, not more.

Hi,

Just been reading this topic as someone mentioned to me at a trial last week that I should remove such restrictors on my 315 to give me more power! Is this the case? And...how do you do it and is it worth the hassle? Is it just a simple case of opening up the bore size in the areas mentioned?

I was also told to remove the piece of plastic that restricts the air intake through the air filter?

Any advice would be much appreciated as I'm very curious about this now!

Thanks,

Mark

Unless you purchased your bike new, the odds that the restrictors are still in it, are pretty slim. Unlike the 4RT, where there is a lot of controversy over which ones to remove, the 315 was straightforward. Everybody removed them all, as the bike just didn't run with them in. In our area, the distributor pulled them all out before they were even sold. As far as the plastic cover, over the air filter, I always left mine on.