Sacu Vs Acu

g4321

Not an expert on it but....

Some of the money from the SACU licence goes towards the club somehow (not sure on what, maybe insurance?). At ACU events it is incorperated in the cost of each individual trial. Having said that though, the trials in Scotland are not cheaper (as in per event) than in England. Can't remember how much I've paid in England but I seem to recall the TC trial being

Mr B

As far as I am aware - trying to remember from my days on the scrambles club comittee the club has to pay a capitation fee to the SACU for each member rastherthan the SACU giving money to the club from the licence fee.

Some of the entry fee is paid to the SACU from each event to cever insurance etc.

There is also a permit fee to be paid by the club the permit is cheaper for club MX events - I suspect trials are the same.

Gordon.

My understanding of the difference in licence fee north and south of the boarder is that we in Scotland pay a single licence fee per year where as the riders in the south pay a bigger portion of the entry fee towards licencing.

I could be wrong but that's what I was told a few years ago when the ACU changed their licencing.

John

The question I have is why the ACU licence is significantly less expensive than the SACU licence? I was very surprised to see the difference in an earlier post.

Lets say I am not complaining just asking and have grudgingly sent off my

John

The question I  have is why the ACU licence is significantly less expensive than the SACU licence?  I was very surprised to see the difference in an earlier post.

Would it be there are more contributions from clubs to ACU than SACU

Licence in Eire

"Sorry to say but this handbook, IMHO, is a waste of money. I bin it as soon as it arrives".

90% of guys tend to agree wirth Mr B here. Most people see the handbook as a way of the (S)ACU getting more money! I know that it is all insurance related but it used to be the handbook was not given out with trials or MX licences since it was deemed not required.

I know from experience that everyone having a handbook has caused problems for the local MX club with people quoting rule XXX to the organisers since their little dear did not win his race!

Then again I find it quite interesting trawling through the machine regs for sidecar racing, sprinting, grass track and the like! - nothing much relevant with trials which is the only sport I compete in at the moment (although compete is probably not the correct word)

Do all ACU licence holders get a handbook as well?

Re - posts SACU and ACU.

Don't criticise the Scottish system without some thought.

Unusual for people to think that ACU ofers better value - but I have to tell you all it is merely a different way of collecting in the revenue.

In Scotland you pay a one off licence fee - in the same way you do with ACU for Enduro, MX, Grass Track etc etc. This year ACU licence fee's will be

Thanks for the comprehensive reply - I now understand the difference between South and North of the Border.

This must be the only area where there is any debate over the South of Border being the poor relation!

I'd like to add some more about the handbook. I fully realise what the book is about and that we should all be fully aware that its contents apply to us as riders. However, it is not an interesting read, infact it reminds me of the type of forms we receive from banks etc.

In addation, why should I, as a trials rider, who has purchased a license to compete solely in trials, be subjected to the rules and regs of all the other disciplines of motorcylce sport? I'm sure there are some riders out there that are interested but I see no fair and logical reason why I should have to pay for a glossy handbook which contains very little about the sport that I take part in. I'm sure the book could be produced for less, its a big glossy book, why? I bet the book is not sold at cost either! :wall:

I run with a trials licence and a MX every year, so that I can do the occasional enduro, if I wish - that would mean two sets of rules issue!

Boofont, trials riding is not the only bikesport that the ACU or SACU govern - its all motorcycle sport (except speedway).

Also remember that Bike Trials (or Cyclo trials) is also included and many cycle trials riders progress on to motorised sport eventually.

I am aware of all this. As I stated in my post, I understand there are some riders that are interseted in more than one area of sport but why not send a set of rules with each type of license applied for, These rules could be produced on a pamphlet at a fraction of the cost. This book could be produced for way less and I think its awful that we have no choice but to bite the bullet and pay the