My New Tl

maddogtl

New Guy here to this site. This is my new TL. I want to put a light kit on it so I can register it for the road. Just want to putt around the roads of downtown Portland Maine. Where can I find a light kit for this bike? Thanks Mike

24yycgo.jpg

2njzx34.jpg

2hwh7v6.jpg

x6d8ue.jpg

swvnd4.jpg

iw5c44.jpg

Edited by MaddogTL

It has a fresh 298 kit and has been fitted with a n XL 350 Flywheel. The engine was repositioned and the lower frame tubes were removed. The swing arm has been shortened and has repositioned lower shock mounts. It was fitted with a custom Powroll pipe and supertrap silencer. It has brand new Sammy Miller gas shocks along with an over sized chain and rear sprocket.

It rides like it just came off the showroom floor, not that I know for sure what that would be like, but I have owned a dozen TL 125's and 250's and none of them felt like this going down the trail.

Yes, it was built to be ridden. But I have others for the woods. This one I would like to use for riding around downtown Portland as an antique piece.

Let it be seen by people who would normally never see anything like this and of course be a nice conversation piece.

However I can't find the lighting kit for it. I can order a cool aftermarket headlight and taillight set up from the local Harley shop but my question is will these lights just plug in to my wiring harness and light up?

I also need the brake petal and hand brake switches to light the brake light.

Where can I get these? Has anyone done this before? Maybe offer me advice on finishing this project?

I sold my street bike and need something to putt around on this summer. Any advise greatly appreciated.

Check with your local Trial Club Members about lighting kits that came with their modern trials bikes and went largely unused. My TL has a dual headlight from an early GG Trials Model. You will have to run a voltage regulator as that 6V lighting system will peak out at 16 plus volts and blow every bulb in the system....even 12V bulbs.

Not what I wanted to hear. Does anyone have the light kit or what I need to have a working headlight/taillight/brake lights for this bike. What other model bike could I search for that would have a lighting system that would work on my bike? There are no local Trials clubs in my area.

Hi

Do you know for sure that you have a lighting coil in the generator, on the TL 125 it was an optional extra. I think I would look at an xl from the same age to get an idea of the wiring layout switchgear and brake lights, you will also need to fit a battery if you want the lights to be effective.

TLTEL

I had a TL 250 and a TY 250 with lights many years ago Headlight, tail light, brake light. Neither had a battery and the lights worked fine. I just need to know what year and model bikes are the same. There are tons of parts on ebay but no one can tell me for sure what model and year bikes have the parts I need that will work. The lights don't need to be affective as I am only going to use the bike in downtown Portland and the city is well light at night. The stock TL light kit is impossible to find. So I need another solution.