4rt hangers

transit

can someone give me some clue as to what are the best hangers to use.i am finding it hard to ride in the mud and just want to move my feet back a bit.thanks :thumbup:

Mine :biggrinsanta: I think it's because you've got the wrong colour :P:D

I think the raptor ones are nice, but expensive. Have you tried a pair of footrests that are adjustable in 3 positions by S3 or the CNC machined ones that are set back, Future, Piddocks sell them I think, cheaper than the hangers. I've got the S3 ones set to furthest setting back, not a massive difference from standard, but still make a difference?

Edited by JJ65

I have S3 Hardrock alloy foot pegs, which allows you to choose to either have them in the standard position, or slightly rear. They are nice and are a large foot peg, but one thing I found, they have to be made to fit the standard Montesa 4RT hangers (modified).

If you want to get hangers though, beware of Titanium ones, Pidock's told me they would invalidate the warranty, as they have had frame breakage, due to the titanium hangers not bending when hit hard, and instead, the frame mounts break. They said titanium foot pegs are fine, but not hangers.

Edited by shedracer

I have measured with a custom made jig every footrest on the market and mine are the most rearset available however yes you do need to radius the heel of most any footrest to get it into a std. (have to say) pretty crappy $RT bracket. I used to make hangers with a rearset and there must be somebody out there with them try munch M sport maybe via facebook.