Don't want these Ads? Why not sign up as a Trials Central Supporter.

tamdodds

scottish classic trials

182 posts in this topic

Where exactly is it ? I've not been able to find any details yet but am looking forward to entering thanks

On what ??

Don't want these Ads? Why not sign up as a Trials Central Supporter.

On what ??

Suzuki, done nowt to the SWM, winter hibernation etc

Hi turps, are you coming to Stow trial on the 25th? The trial starts at 11:00, it's at Bow farm on the A7 between Galashiels and Stow,hope to see you there,thanks.Tam

TY's ready,looking forward to Sunday.

cheers the noo Brian

Hello folks,there seems to be some confusion about the trial location. The trial is at Bow Farm 3 miles south of Stow on the A7 to Galashiels. The postcode is TD1 2SW

Hello folks, thought I would remind you that the clocks spring forward this weekend, thanks Tom

Just back from Stow and wanted to say what a great trial. Well set out and nice to see a classic only trial with so many entries. Just make sure you get the same weather for the rest of them. :beer:

have to agree. well done tam and everyone else involved. sections were spot on and weather tropical! good to get the chance to ride safe sections. turps what a spill!

Well done Tam and your team.Had a good run round today.Only managed 2 laps due to my

lack of fitness(must lay of the pies).Cracking venue,mega sections and like minded people.

I've not been trialling long just over a year but my best event so far despite my lacklustre

performance.

cheers the noo Brian

Agree with three posts above, also good to see so many up from the North East.

Ross

we all had an excellent day. very good course well set out sections great crack, or is it craic? the least we could do was bring some good weather with us

Hello folks, thanks for the comments on the trial keep them coming good and bad. We can't improve unless we know your concerns. Most of what was said at the trial was positive, but it's hard to lay out a 'crap trial' on such a glorious day.It was very encouraging to see so many classic bikes at our first trial. The result of the day was Turps FIRST in the twin-shock B route, then Donald Coultard finishing third (must put that down to the 5 stones he lost). Good to see the overall winner was Robert on a Pre65. With time to reflect we made this quite a hard trial. I think the combination of the size of the lap and the terrain, coupled with the loose scree type sections, resulted in a tiring but enjoyable days trialing, thanks.Tam

Edited by tamdodds

I think you got the severity just right, though I was surprised at how the sections roughed up towards the end of the trial, normally a path forms through scree sections as the rocks bed down, instead these became significantly more difficult, but, there was nothing dangerous or potentially damaging in any of the sections, you could foot your way through all of them.

What did put me off was the lack of observers. It's not something I'm comfortable with at all. Marking yourself or your mates spoils the flow of the trial and there is less pressure on the riders as it feels more like a practice than a competition.

I counted 8 spectators already at the first section when I got there, but only one part time observer in the entire trial.

Results on front page updated with photos taken by Hilary Little :thumbup: