Setting Up Sherco Suspension Please Help

bert2365

Hi I have been trying to find the correct setting for my weight on my 2006 sherco 290 and can not find any info my bike has the ceriani fork upgrade. My current weight is 14 stone 12 any help would be much appreciated many thanks bert

The shocker on the '06 was a bit troublesome, yet if yours is still working and not leaking, it may be still worth the investment in a spring for your weight.

Does your bike have the red spring? I might suggest the heavy black spring, yet you may consider calling Chris at Splatshop.co.uk.

At the very least, you would want to wind up the spring adjuster to about the point there is little to no free sag with the bike standing under its own weight(static sag).

Forks should be ok, unless you are into big drops!

Thanks for the reply yes my bike has the red spring on I will give it a try this weekend the problem is when I am going up rocks and push on my suspension it dose not seem to shot me up as I see it doing to lighter riders many thanks bert

Don't go with more preload than just a tiny bit of freesag like Copemech said,if the rear suspension tops out to much it'll have poor traction in the rough stuff,if the steering starts deflecting when hitting small rocks you've gone to far and will wear yourself out constantly correcting it, I haven't ridden a 2006 but I think you can still get good turning agility with a Sherco while still sagged enough to be stable. When I had my Gas Gas TXTedition just as you got the shock cranked up to get it to turn good the front end started deflecting constantly so I had to back off the preload and sacrifice ultimate turning,just made me work on technique more.