Scorpa Tyz250

bondy

hello guys need your help am thinking off buying a 08 scorpa TYZ 250 yamaha engine are they any good? also are parts easy to get hold off? what should i be lokking for and checking? the bike dose look mint but that dosan't mean anything. am not new to trials i have bultacos. but fancy something else. any advice would be good cheers.

I`ve never been a fan of the TYZ motor ( Though I love Yamaha`s) A very clean (cheap) one would interest me. Just from the forums, even the clean one`s have a crack in the mid-pipe close to the motor.

Edited by lineaway

The yam engine scorpa's remain a popular choice for novice/clubman. The bulletproof motor gives lovely

soft controllable power.

A long production run means engine spares are plentiful(not that you'll need them). Plastics can be pricey so don't ride like a loon and break them in the first place. Birketts will be your first call for

everything.

The sy250 remained virtually unchanged throughout its 9 yr production, graphics/colours getting the yearly makeover. The '08 bikes and '09(if you can find one) benefit from the better marrzochi forks rather than the earlier paolli, and also have a better designed bash plate.

The only issue to note is the centre exhaust box can rub on the motor, easily rectified (if it hasn't

already) by grinding/filing the sharp corner off of the raised engine number boss.

I've had 3 sy's and love 'em. My '09's deffo a keeper.

Buy and enjoy bondy lad.

• 3 years later...