2013 Beta Evo Factory 250

jonboy_09

Hi.I have recently bought a evo 250 factory and a pal has just bought 2014 evo 300.the 300 is lovely to ride.climbs muddy hills snowy, hills efortlessly.where as my bike just wants to spin to point where i cant even nearly get up the hill.I was hoping the bike didnt have a flywheel weight but i checked and it does.Has anybody any tips for making my bikes power more similar to the 300 without buying one!

Cheers ?

I have an 09 250 evo and I do have a flywheel weight fitted and find I ride most things in 2nd gear, I find 2nd suits most sections especially if they are loose and have steps in them, I only revert to 1st gear for the really tight stuff.

I also rode my mates 2013 300 Factory yesterday and found 1st gear to be much softer on it and found I was riding it in 1st in spots were I would ride my 250 in 2nd.

I have noticed that the EVO seems lower geared than some of the other 250 bikes I have tried certainly lower than Shercos whose 1st gear seems on a par with my 2nd,

I assume that Scotland is wet and slippery most of the time so my advice is to try the next gear up, hope this is of some help to you,

Steve,

I don't know how experienced you are so this may be a bit patronising.

A few things ,if the 250 is not running cleanly meaning the carb is not set up properly or water?dirt in it it wont grip well.

Other obvious things,oldish tyres don't like the cold,bars,too far forward/back, suspension needing serviced.

If there's any riders near you that know there stuff ask them to have a go on it.

Frankly unless you're Gary MacDonald a stock 250 will be good enough for anyone up here.

Thanks for the replies.i have solved the problem.Dont turn a bike into something its not ment to be!i am going to trade it in and get a standard 300.My bike is in really good condition and i dont want to start messing about with it,trying to make it sofyer when its not ment to be.