2006 290 Dying On Wfo Run

andilicious

Now all the fancy theories have been dismissed perhaps you'll listen to what I have already told you? The floats became stuck and cut off the fuel supply to the float bowl. It's not common, but has happened to me and used to happen sometimes during the road sections of the SSDT back in the day when most bikes had Dellorto carbs. The remedy isn't generally necessary for a trials bike because it doesn't happen that often, however you can replace the individual floats with a double float assembly (Part No 9010) but to do this you'll also need to change the float bowl. After my Pampera died in precisely the same way as you describe I was tipped off about this problem by a former British Champion and multi SSDT winner. I purchased the double floats and a clear plastic float bowl (Part No 3014909) all available from Eurocarb Limited, and it never happened again.

If you have any doubts you could just ride the bike with the fuel turned off to replicate your earlier experience, but I wouldn't recommend it. Unless you're unlucky or use the bike for your daily commute it'll probably never do it again