Bike Rack

richie

ye, you can put a rack on the back of a 306, it rides abit low and handles like a boat, but it ain`t too bad, just take it steady, mines a dturbo but the springs are a bit stiffer than the usual 306`s. i use to put my old gasser on the back of my fiesta now that was scary :(

Edited by Chris Morris

Peugeot very soft on the back end. I had a 306Xtdt for years and no end of scrapes and bumps just carrying things like bags of sand. My suspension went a couple of times.

I also had a strange thing happen with my handbrake on, parked facing up a steep hill, the weight of the car pushing backwards pushed the suspension right up in the air, looked like a bloody dragster, could hardly step out of it. Very funny at the time :)

I presumed this was due to damage caused with heavy loads.

I presume there is an upgrade for the rear suspension (maybe the estate springs).

I have a Polo at the moment - very surprising car - only fairly small, but the estate version hardly sags at all with my Sherco on it.

TDI engine in a little car goes like stink. Just under

Peugeot very soft on the back end. I had a 306Xtdt for years and no end of scrapes and bumps just carrying things like bags of sand. My suspension went a couple of times.

I also had a strange thing happen with my handbrake on, parked facing up a steep hill, the weight of the car pushing backwards pushed the suspension right up in the air, looked like a bloody dragster, could hardly step out of it. Very funny at the time  :)

I presumed this was due to damage caused with heavy loads.

I presume there is an upgrade for the rear suspension (maybe the estate springs).

I have a Polo at the moment - very surprising car - only fairly small, but the estate version hardly sags at all with my Sherco on it.

TDI engine in a little car goes like stink. Just under

Seems to be a Peugeot/Citroen trait. The BX I had always seemed to "rise" at the rear on a hill when the handbrake was applied and the wife's Peugoet 106 did the same.

It's just a suspension design issue, heaps of cars do it. As the car rolls back onto the rear axle it transfers load from the springs. Try it out at the traffic lights, put the handbrake on and go between forward and reverse. When you go back the rear pushes up and forward pushes it down. Even ols Nissan 1600's did it.

BJdownumder