A Dmw - Is It British?

laird387

Hi Guy'a 

Hi Baggies,

The unwanted stock of these frames were Bought by "Fraser Honda" from Redditch Uk.

And Honda engines of various CC's were  fitted. (photo later).

You could have a machine that is  very near one of a kind?

Regards Charlie.

Hi Charlie,

purchased the bike in 1986 and registered as a D plate by DMW who still had the ability to register bikes new . The bike was manufactured well before that date and was stored up a corner in the factory covered in dust. It was a special with a chrome frame and was not even finished. I had to finish the bike first before i could ride it, LOL, no rear brake pedal fitted etc . I was after a trials bike to ride in the winter months to have a bit of fun on until the speedway season restarted in the spring time. My father use to visit DMW to purchase parts for is James Captain and Plover he was rebuilding at the time. The spares Lady at DMW lived across the road from us in Lower Gornal and knew my father and told him about these competition bikes of which only 2 were left . Obviously all bikes were twin shocks at the the time and had a look and thought what a lovely looking bike. The guy at DMW even fitted me some lighting coils , great bike to ride and fantastic engine really for that period of time. Alpha bearings crank and Greeves cylinder head combined with DMW engineering. I live 15 minutes from the old factory site , so the bikes still in its home land as you might say. I know May the spares lady is still alive in an home apparently who knew about every nut and bolt on a DMW .

Regards

Baggie  

• Like 2