Beta 20 Or Oset 20

dm1

I'm looking to get my 8yr old son his first bike. I'm keen on an electric bike as I hope he'll get more use of it, due to it being quiet, and I hope he'll take to it better than a bike with a clutch. Can some one please advise the difference between the Beta and the Oset 20. I'd probably go for the Oset Eco, rather than the Racing.

Cheers

My 7 yr old has had the oset 20 racing for 5 months, so far no issues. Batteries last up to 3 hours depending on type of riding. I was in the dealers this week looking at the new Beta 20 and he tried it out for comparrison.

Looking at the bikes the Beta looks lighter (which it is but the weight of the Oset isn't a problem for him), the forks look more like ones from a kids bike and a few cosmetic differences, such as small weaker looking footrests. The weight saving might make the bike handle even better but again i haven't seen anyone on an Oset having problems. The lighter looking suspension might suit a lighter rider but he didn't get to try the Beta off road Build quality looked good as you would expect from Beta and time will tell how they perform.

The Beta, like the Oset has settings for power etc so you can increase it as confidence grows, they are both 48v, both happily pulled me round the car park. The big difference is the price, Beta being £500 cheaper,the Oset is fetching good money second hand but that £500 will buy a lot of kit!

Not everyone will agree the electric bikes are the best start but just look at the number of youngsters 3yrs up on them having fun and learning balance etc who can also take them places you wouldn't get away with on a petrol bike.