Frame Geometry

90vanman

Hi, I am resurrecting a rigid Bantam, now 185cc with a modified frame at the rear end and  loop under the engine. Two problems have come to light, where the rear of the frame was widened for the tyre it seems to be lop-sided, i.e. tyre clears on chain side, but is very close on the other. Main prob though, is the steering head angle, having fitted honda forks with parallel steering stem,  it looks like a chopper! Can anyone tell me what the steering head angle should be, as other people I have heard from say that other forks have been fitted yet the bike looks normal. I am judging this against tlr 200 honda and my 4rt, the 4rt isn't really comparable of course, just using it for rake and trail angles.   Dave

• 1 month later...

Way back in the day, most people found that the simple fact of fitting the 4.00 x 19 rear lifted the back end compared to the normal road tyre ride height, but some also fitted a 2.75 x 20 front rather than the more usual 2.75 x 21, and that had the effect of steepening the rake to a happy trials compromise.

post-19290-0-97568700-1459409182_thumb.jpg