Ttr110 Tank & Seat Onto Beta Evo

krazed0451

Hi Guys,

In an effort to avoid paying the ridiculous money Beta want for their LRK I have come up with a solution that I will hopefully have completed in the next week or so. I have gone with a TTR110 tank/seat combo as I could buy them for <$100AUD and the opening on the underside of the tank is the widest from what I could find in the size I wanted.

The seat tabs will mount at the rear of the sub frame with a little bending and the tank lines up beautifully at the front so that all I will need is an angled bracket mounted to the existing tabs for the front plastics. I will build a bracket for the underside of the seat to provide centre support and there are mounts on the rear of the tank that I will use to firmly affix it to the seat. It should be a very simply matter to mount/remove. The front of the tank will be opened up slightly with the use of a heat gun to allow it to sit lower. I'll need a length of fuel hose and a T piece to connect the secondary tank, but total cost should remain ~$100 + an hour or two of tinkering.

Unfortunately, my housemate of 5 years just moved out, so I will need to buy some tools that are needed before I can get stuck in.

IMAG0284_zpsz0ullku4.jpg

IMAG0285_zpsn2pvcugu.jpg

IMAG0286_zps6pcpp2au.jpg

Thoughts, critiques and general comments are appreciated!

Cheers,

Jimbo

You're right on the Beta lrt being overpriced. I have one and the design is not the greatest. The front Oring strap constantly breaks. Most people use a Velcro strap around the front. The seat cushion is just foam, no cover. The plastic fuel switch strips after a few times turning it. The only difference I see is the price $500 vs $100. Nice!

Old

• 2 weeks later...

Hi mountain man,

I'll have an update soon hopefully, I've been a little busy the last week or so... This week is looking better although I'll be picking up a bike for my mate tomorrow that will need a good going over. I'm also a little sore from a 75kph faceplant on my 300RR yesterday  :wall: 

It's definitely coming!

• 1 year later...