Refresh 15 Sherco290 St

master68

I want to refresh my Sherco specifically regrease wheel bearings, steering head bearings, and swing arm bearings. Are there

Any guides, manuals, YouTube vids on the topic? I want to do myself but I have limited mechanical ability.

You thoughts would be appreciated.

It is all quite straightforward for a mechanical mind, if as you say you have limited experiance can you give an example of what you do have experiance of ?

I cannot be specific about a Sherco as I have a Gasser but removing the swingarm to clean and grease the linkage is not a job for someone with limited experiance or as is probably the case a limited toolset. Also head bearings are not easy to get to then you have to reset the 'clearance' .

Have you got a club member or riding mate that has done their own maintainance that could lend a guiding hand ?

Take plenty of photos as you go and take your time until you are familiar with all the parts

Good luck

Edited by collyolly

It's not hard work. Take photos when disassembly it can be useful on reassembly

Lewisport usa have a good bit old manual that can help a lot

http://www.lewisportusa.com/manuals/sherc_11-21-09/sherco_setup_and_lubrication_guide.pdf

And is good having dogbone bushings before starting service. It's cheap and service will be perfect if you replace them. (16.18 and 16.19 on pag 19)