Don't want these Ads? Why not sign up as a Trials Central Supporter.

seedoubleyou

Tiger Cub Sump Guard

6 posts in this topic

I'm looking for a sump guard for my Cub. I've seen this snazzy looking thing from Sammy Miller...er made of plastic. Can I ask whether anyone has fitted one of these and if they are robust. I'm guessing the alternative is the steel one from Meridan offroad

IMG_1327.JPG

Don't want these Ads? Why not sign up as a Trials Central Supporter.

I had one on one of my Cubs, they do the job of protecting the engine ok and sliding over obstacles and they fit nicely.

The only problem I found was that the bike will not sit on a bike stand safely to work on without other means of holding it upright.

Here's a big hello from Australia to some good old mates from the Midland centre and the BMCA, not many of the old guys still riding these days according to results.

Galps 

2 people like this

6 hours ago, cub200 said:

I had one on one of my Cubs, they do the job of protecting the engine ok and sliding over obstacles and they fit nicely.

The only problem I found was that the bike will not sit on a bike stand safely to work on without other means of holding it upright.

I can second that , worked well , fitted  well , but unstable on a stand , i put up with it at first , but made an alloy one in end 

Is it better ? Probably not , but hasn't fell off stand since ...

Don't worry about being plastic , it fits well and can take a punch.

6 hours ago, cub200 said:

I also use a Miller sump guard on my cub I usually remove it when working on the bike as it covers the screws to the cases and drain plugs The Meriden one is very smart I saw it last year at the Telford Show

I also had a miller sump guard fitted when i bought the bike. I can only echo what everyone else is saying, it works well protecting the bike, but you can't use it on a bike stand.

So I ended up getting one from Chris at Meriden Off Road. So far it's been great, it slots right on, it's stable on a bike stand and seems to do a good job protecting the cases. What more can you ask for for under 40 quid.

You can see it here.

IMG_0236.JPG