Don't want these Ads? Why not sign up as a Trials Central Supporter.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sveson

Oset 16 wont run

5 posts in this topic

In the picture is my daughters 16.0 36v Oset and as you can see I need help. I have upgrated it with a lithium ion battery and a Kelly controller. After installing the Kelly controller the bike ran fine for about two months but then it suddenly stopped working. 

After some measuring I suspected the controller so I contacted Kelly and got some help from them to search for the fault. I finally got the advice to disconnect the relay and connect power directly to the controller. And with -36v to B- on the controller and +36v to B+ and pin9 on the controller (for powering the controller) the bike works (the key switch doeant work). I also disconnected the wire from the relay to B+ on the controller. 

My problem is that I dont really understand what this suggests. I want to know what is wrong so I can fix it permanent. I hope someone here can help me. 

DSC_1538.JPG

Don't want these Ads? Why not sign up as a Trials Central Supporter.

have you checked the voltage at the relay when you turn on the key switch .. do the relay click on ? 

The relay doesnt click. I have only 2-3 volts on the relay, regardless of the key switch being on or off. That is on all 4 pins. 

What I forgot to mension is that I replaced the relay after finding out that the bike works with direct power on the controller, but it didnt change anything. 

Just checking, do you say a new relay doesnt help, if it doesn't click it's duff they are prone to getting damp inside.. good clean out with wd 40 works

if you email oset direct they are very helpful with problems/advice

connect the negative meter probe lead directly to the neg of the battery then the pos to each of the thicker wires on the relay, key switch on you should have full battery voltage on only 1 of the fatter wires on the relay (red wire), if you dont have any voltage then it could be the key switch itself , report back if you still have no voltage..