Hungry Hill (uk), December 28th 2008 Lowdown

nicks_tr34

I drove up and stopped in the van in Aldreshot the night before ... I had my reasons, but it was a cold and uncomfortable night and I didn't sleep that well ...

Got to the trials entrance at ~8:15, there was a queue, so I knew I had the right place, but the gate was shut. Waited for what 15 mins? gates opened, parked up and literally 3mins later my partner in crime Grahamjayzee (off here) showed - now that was good timing!!

Had a quick warm-up/play on the bikes, G and I swapped bikes (he has an 02 Rev 3), it was chalk and cheese!!

The trail was 12 sections, 3 laps.

I made a few mistakes/lost the front on the first lap that annoyed me a bit ... like on the 2nd (or was it 3rd) section ... I rode into/parked myself in a tree!! ;)

I got 18 on the first lap.

2nd lap and I was starting to get into the swing of things. Also where we had sighted the sections last lap, the 'flow' was a bit more continuous. On the first lap I felt like it was 30 seconds on the bike, then a ride to the next section and get off to sight the route, therefore I wasn't actually in the saddle much and I kept on 'cooling off' flow wise.

As I said, I felt better and I did the 2nd lap for 1.

3rd lap and I knew the sections now, also where they had been used a bit you could see the tyre tracks letting you know where they went. I 'cleaned' this entire lap!! B)

My route was a fair bit easier than Grahams, so we can't directly compare ... but I am pretty sure I kicked his butt points wise

Edited by Nicks_TR34