301 Engine Into 240 Pro

mparrynorton

I think we have discussed this but no it is not a straight fit. I will post pictures to shown wot needs doing!

I have done the hammer it way already on a 243 and will do a hammer it and a top mount again this summer with a 303 motor. I will post pictures when its done.

lee

Edited by Lee Harris

Here is one way of doing it, see my 243 engined 240. Heat the frame and flaten the bottom rail after removing the flywheel protector. Make a STEEL sumpguard.

Everything else, carb exhaust etc is straight carry over.

post-1856-1143147027.jpg

post-1856-1143147038.jpg

Edited by Lee Harris

Or, leave the frame alone and make new engine mounts. The front mounting will move up and back. The exhaust will need cutting and the carb fit is a hassel...

Black mount is original 240!

Third solution is to cut out one or both bottom rails as per a 300. I dont think this is good as the 240 frames crack at the headstock anyway. If you do this, remove only the flywheel side bottom rail and add a top mount to the front head bolts as on a 300 /301/303 etc.

HTH Lee

PS. I am working on getting a 303 engine, maybe for you Mark, but the guy hasnt give me a price yet..

http://cgi.ebay.de/Fantic-303-Trail-Evtl-M...1QQcmdZViewItem

post-1856-1143147145.jpg

post-1856-1143147157.jpg

Edited by Lee Harris

Hi Mark,

obviously the carb needs to come from the 301 as the 240 has 25mm not 26mm. I assume you have the 301 intake manifold. I have several 303 carbs here if you want one but the 300 carb is best. let me know. You will alsoneed a 300 airbox rubber if you can find one. If not the240 hose needs "opening up!"

Lee

Edited by Lee Harris