Class D Born between 01-01-97 and 31-12-00

Class C 01-01-94 and 31-12-96

Class C 01-01-91 and 31-12-93

Class A 01-01-89 and 31-12-90

Class A 125 or 250 this year- 125 next

Class C 80 or 125 this year- 80 next

Plus:

Class D wheel sizes.

Small whell- max 50cc mono or 80cc twinshock (fitted as original) Wheel size 16" front 14" rear

Medium wheel- max 19" front 17" rear

Ref: TSR1 page 151 ACU handbook

Don't want to complicate it, but to put it another way which is the same every year and saves you working out dates:

D Class - Can finish off the year in which they are 9

C Class - Can finish off the year in which they are 12

B Class - Can finish off the year in which they are 15

A Class - Can finish off the year in which they are 17

Think I've got it right - If I haven't someone let me know and I'll correct it, otherwise every bugger will be confused :beer:

So make sure you have your kids in the January :) they get to stay in the class for up to a year longer than others :D

Youth riders can also swap and change between youth and adult once they are 16 providing they still have their guardians permission.

With the exception of those who ride in the adult British championships. They can not switch back.

Don't want to complicate it, but to put it another way which is the same every year and saves you working out dates:

D Class - Can finish off the year in which they are 9

C Class - Can finish off the year in which they are 12

B Class - Can finish off the year in which they are 15

A Class - Can finish off the year in which they are 17

Think I've got it right - If I haven't someone let me know and I'll correct it, otherwise every bugger will be confused :beer:

So make sure you have your kids in the January :) they get to stay in the class for up to a year longer than others :D

Without doubt the best way to explain this often asked question, this way of explaining it should appear in the ACU handbook.

ime trying to sort out all this for my youngest lad who is 12 now and is 13 next year on 25th of feb. he is on an 80 now and what i need to know is he still on a 80 for next year or a 125 in the b class. also is what is in the acu handbook applicable to club events or just to national events. His date of Birth is 25/02/94 which i reckon according to the book he is able to be on a 80 or 125 this year but next year he will be only allowed a 80. ?????? HELP.

Thanks BikeSpace - Even I can understand that.

I tend to agree with Perce - it seems a clearer way - so if poss as as long as there is no hiden problem I will try to get it expressed like this in Handbook in addition to what we have - also magazine

Re - Query about if classes etc apply only in Nationals - No they are for all Youth Trials.

Re - Upgrading etc - all explained in ACU Handbook - TSR1.

Please note - riders competing in a higher/lower class - in events other than National must be at Organisers discretion - as explained.

Riders competing out of class - as above - subject to same capacity machines as if they werer in their correct class.

Thanks BikeSpace - Even I can understand that.

I tend to agree with Perce - it seems a clearer way - so if poss as as long as there is no hiden problem I will try to get it expressed like this in Handbook in addition to what we have - also magazine

Re - Query about if classes etc apply only in Nationals - No they are for all Youth Trials.

Re - Upgrading etc - all explained in ACU Handbook - TSR1.

Please note - riders competing in a higher/lower class - in events other than National must be at Organisers discretion - as explained.

Riders competing out of class - as above - subject to same capacity machines as if they werer in their correct class.

John, does that mean that the Secretary of a club trial should refuse the entry from a youth who is trying to ride a larger capacity machine? eg a 15 year old on a 200 etc?

I have some curiosity questions from across the pond as it is said.

I know Americans like everything bigger, but is there ever any problems with the younger kids and the size of bike they must stay on. For example my 7 year old is 4'-7'' tall and 95 pounds(I don't know how to translate that to your measurement so I hope it makes since) which is already too big for a 50 and I can't imagine him riding one until he is 9 years old! He currently has a Beta 80. Then stay on a 80 until 12? I know some darn big 12 year olds too. Is this ever a problem with kids being too big?

Also how many youth nationals do you guys have per year? How far do you have to travel to go to them? And on average how many entries do you have per event?

Thanks guys.