Youth Age Limits

fellonmelug

This must be where I add in how much better it will make your riders because they are on smaller bikes....

I am sure it will help your sport grow and that is why you guys are doing it.

Nothing to do with insurance or anything like that.....

OK, so maybe just a bit Sarcastic.

Scorpa 3, FWIW, I sure do not envy your position one bit.

The, "It's been talked about 4 or 5 years" is not going to go over so well when looking at a teary eyed ten year old and an upset father that you just told his son cannot ride that bike.

Funny though, to hear the UK guys talk on the US boards, the 125 (and I consider this a follow on too it) rules are the best things since sliced bread.

Oh, and Nigel, I don't think Chris was joking about any of it. At least I do not take it that way.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Furhest south is actually the Isle of Wight. At the A & B Class National at Richmond about 80 riders turned up with another 20 or 30 the previous day at the C & D class national. I prefer the "Years born" explanation as any other tends to confuse the issue.

Furhest south is actually the Isle of Wight. At the A & B Class National at Richmond about 80 riders turned up with another 20 or 30 the previous day at the C & D class national. I prefer the "Years born" explanation as any other tends to confuse the issue.

FYI Cowes on the IOW and Ottery st mary are on ( near enough) the exact same lattitude. :)

This must be where I add in how much better it will make your riders because they are on smaller bikes....

No Alan it won't so you guys had better stick smage on a 290 and keep him on it

I am sure it will help your sport grow and that is why you guys are doing it.

No Alan that is not why we are doing it

Nothing to do with insurance or anything like that.....

OK, so maybe just a bit Sarcastic.

Scorpa 3, FWIW, I sure do not envy your position one bit.

The, "It's been talked about 4 or 5 years" is not going to go over so well when looking at a teary eyed ten year old and an upset father that you just told his son cannot ride that bike.

As my comment may be misunderstood or interpreted, The ACU announced these changes 4 years ago.

Funny though, to hear the UK guys talk on the US boards, the 125 (and I consider this a follow on too it) rules are the best things since sliced bread.

The tin can and barbed wire as well

Oh, and Nigel, I don't think Chris was joking about any of it. At least I do not take it that way.

Funny that I think most of us here in the UK are horrified at the thought of having to travel 500 miles for a days trialing, but I guess thats just our opinion.......

Funny that I think most of us here in the UK are horrified at the thought of having to travel 500 miles for a days trialing, but I guess that's just our opinion.......

You think that is horrifying? I Traveled (as did 10 other kids) over 2,000 miles for our true national championship. Of course that wasn't for a days trialing, it was 3 days, and a week of fun prior to that :) ......no joking

• 1 month later...

• 1 month later...

• 4 weeks later...

This is a copy that was kindy worded by "Bikespace" and it sure helped me.

D Class - Can finish off the year in which they are 9

C Class - Can finish off the year in which they are 12

B Class - Can finish off the year in which they are 15

A Class - Can finish off the year in which they are 17

Think I've got it right - If I haven't someone let me know and I'll correct it, otherwise every bugger will be confused

So make sure you have your kids in the January they get to stay in the class for up to a year longer than others

--------------------

"I have the body of a God......unfortunately it's Buddha."

www.trialspace.co.uk

Hi, I am 18 in may 2007, So does that mean i can ride as a youth A until the end of 2007?

No - you're just about done - end of this year. Although you may well be able to ride in the Junior World Champs until you're about 36 :guinness:

Can only ride as a Youth until the end of the rear in which he,she is 17.

So no.

Hi, I am 18 in may 2007, So does that mean i can ride as a youth A until the end of 2007?

No - you're just about done - end of this year. Although you may well be able to ride in the Junior World Champs until you're about 36 :guinness:

Can only ride as a Youth until the end of the rear in which he,she is 17.

So no.

Thanks for the confirmation Gaz