Youth Age Limits

fellonmelug

Yes Scorpa 3 - absolutely.

The rules are clear re - the capacity of machine. Below National - as I have stated an Organiser can ( but only if they feel they wish to go down this road) let a rider ride in a different class. They probably know best - about riders experience, ability etc.

However - the rules for capacities are fixed and Youth riders should not be allowed to ride anytghing that does not comply with rules. Same for MX, R/Race etc etc

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes Scorpa 3 - absolutely.

The rules are clear re - the capacity of machine. Below National - as I have stated an Organiser can ( but only if they feel they wish to go down this road) let a rider ride in a different class. They probably know best - about riders experience, ability etc.

However - the rules for capacities are fixed and Youth riders should not be allowed to ride anytghing that does not comply with rules. Same for MX, R/Race etc etc

Thanks for that John, I will be having some very awkward conversations at out next club trial. And next year will be murder.

I'm not looking forward to telling a 12 year old on a 125 that he can't ride because he should be on an 80.

I have some curiosity questions from across the pond as it is said.

I know Americans like everything bigger, but is there ever any problems with the younger kids and the size of bike they must stay on. For example my 7 year old is 4'-7'' tall and 95 pounds(I don't know how to translate that to your measurement so I hope it makes since) which is already too big for a 50 and I can't imagine him riding one until he is 9 years old! He currently has a Beta 80. Then stay on a 80 until 12? I know some darn big 12 year olds too. Is this ever a problem with kids being too big?

Also how many youth nationals do you guys have per year? How far do you have to travel to go to them? And on average how many entries do you have per event?

Thanks guys.

Thought maybe nobody read it, since it was at the bottom of page one.

UK National Trials for 2006

http://www.trialscentral.com/cms/files/200...TURE%20LIST.pdf

The Championship rounds are listed at the bottom.

As well as this there's 1000's of Club & Regional events.

Rider age / bike categories are set in stone, quite simply the kids can only compete on the correct CC machines.

For example my 7 year old is 4'-7'' tall and 95 pounds

my 7 year old is 4' 4'' & weighs 55 pounds.

Nigel Dabster Posted Today, 02:40 PM

QUOTE(sirhc @ Aug 23 2006, 09:00 PM)

Believe it or not a lot of fish, the kid loves sea food of all kinds, fish,crab,oysters,shrimp what ever. Kind of funny since his Mom and I don't like fish at all

cooked in butter, not forgetting the maple syrup pancakes for breakfast?

sirhc

Do I need to defend my kids Diet? He eats anything and everything and that includes lots of salad and fruit and yes the sea food that he mostly eats at my Moms house. She has high blood pressure so most of it is grilled. He also does 1/2 hour a day on the tread mill (because he thinks it's fun not because I make him) two days a week at the BMX track, not to mention riding his trials bicycle and motorcycle quit a bit. He is a solid kid, but not fat (see picture)post-2409-1156372014.jpg I can't believe I thought I needed to say all that, maybe I just took what Nigel said the wrong way :D

Also how many youth nationals do you guys have per year? How far do you have to travel to go to them? And on average how many entries do you have per event?

Thanks guys.

So can somebody please answer those questions? I just want to know how it is over there :beer:

Kids are getting big on this side of the pond. My eight year old is 4`11``and almost 110lb. Karate 3 times a week. Mountain bike , rides his monty daily and rides trials. I`m hoping for an expert by 11 or 12! This cc thing by age might consider size also.

maybe I just took what Nigel said the wrong way

No son I think you read it right, he was saying you fed your kid junk :D

Only joking, guys. I havn't a clue what your lad should eat.

There is an A & B list at the bottom of Perce's link above, those are the youth nationals for the top two classes in the year, you are allowed to drop one round. My guess is the two farthest away from each other north to south Richmond to otter vale devon, is maybe 400 miles? East to west kent to Abergaveney maybe 300?

Thanks Nigel, sometimes it's hard to tell if someone is being a @ss or just being funny :beer:

It must be nice all the events are that close together. Heck, they would all fit into California. Our close youth event was over 500 miles away :D

Running trials here in the Mildands Uk, it is always good to see Youth riders turn up for our events.

There are few sports, and even less motorsports, where all family age groups can compete together on equal terms and trials is one of those sports.

Over the last few years we have seen a marked reduction in Youth entries, this is despite putting on four routes at some of our events.

There is a lot of media talk about obesity here in the UK at the moment, which possibly prompted the comment about diets. The population is getting bigger and much of this is down to lack of excercise, it's really good to see youngsters doing something physical especially when it's like sirhc's son.... riding a trials bike.

I wish we had lots more youngsters like that around here. And although I agree with the ACU's new rules on machine capacity, it is not going to help entries next year by refusing youth riders a ride if their bike is the wrong capacity.

I'm a national Clerk of the Course and then penny only just dropped reading Johns replies on this thread, that Youth C's will be restricted to 80cc next year. (Yes I know it's there in the hand book for the world to see) so I'm sure it's going to be a big suprise for some parents who are buying 125's right now.

Edited by scorpa3

Running trials here in the Mildands Uk, it is always good to see Youth riders turn up for our events.

There are few sports, and even less motorsports, where all family age groups can compete together on equal terms and trials is one of those sports.

Over the last few years we have seen a marked reduction in Youth entries, this is despite putting on four routes at some of our events.

There is a lot of media talk about obesity here in the UK at the moment, which possibly prompted the comment about diets. The population is getting bigger and much of this is down to lack of excercise, it's really good to see youngsters doing something physical especially when it's like sirhc's son.... riding a trials bike.

I wish we had lots more youngsters like that around here. And although I agree with the ACU's new rules on machine capacity, it is not going to help entries next year by refusing youth riders a ride if their bike is the wrong capacity.

I'm a national Clerk of the Course and then penny only just dropped reading Johns replies on this thread, that Youth C's will be restricted to 80cc next year. (Yes I know it's there in the hand book for the world to see) so I'm sure it's going to be a big suprise for some parents who are buying 125's right now.

It should not be a suprise as its been talked about for 4 or 5 years now.

Thanks Nigel, sometimes it's hard to tell if someone is being a @ss or just being funny :beer:

It must be nice all the events are that close together. Heck, they would all fit into California. Our close youth event was over 500 miles away :D

Are you joking?

Edited by Nigel Dabster