2.9 Fuel Tank Help

trial_master

I have not been on this forum in ages, mainly due to the fact that i hardly use either my sherco or my road bike. I have therefore decided to put my road bike up for sale and try to use the sherco more.

I got the sherco out tonight to give it a mini service before a ride hopefully this sunday, and i found that the engine was coverd in fresh oil. Upon investigation i found that the fuel tap surround is the culprit. It has been snapped of by the previous owner, and then cheaply fixed with some kind of resin. This is now dripping again so i think a new tank is on the cards. Its not dripping much as there is still a quater of petrol/oil in the tank, and it has been stood for about 2 months

Basically where do i get a tank and how much. the bike is an 03 2.9 and i would prefer a second hand tank aslong as its in atleast fair condition

Thanks for looking

Ryan

Well, I strongly suggest not following the above advice.

I would bet you would find that it is the plug leaking where it mates into the socket in the tank.

If you search on here a bit you should find the older threads where we went through the various options of repairing these.

No idea on where to get a new or used tank where you are at, but I would certainly be looking at repairing the one I had.