06 Repsol Switch

ss74

I belive the bike comes with a lead and you can use a laptop to alter the engine mapping, which will switch between the two chosen mappings at the touch of a button on the handlebar control.

The 2 stage programmable throttle body and handlebar mounted switch in not standard on a Repsol, the PTB is. I;m not sure whom the in UK stocks the 2 Stage, ask Sandifords or <mention of this company is not permitted on Trials Central>.

• 4 weeks later...
Yes we have.

Very very impressive!! The 260 kit scores with the modified 'sports' cam profile, only a subtle difference (one I cannot see with just looking at it) but its there none-the-less. Mid range is much more noticeably stronger ...........but we only tried it up the street!! What its like on the rocks/snotty hills/sections, I dont know. We are waiting for some feedback. Anyway I plan to convert my machine soon for a demostrator, maybe November time.

Bad news is theres only 5 left at HRC from 50 ever made..........book one soon!!

For most normal folk however.......that 2-map TB is going to be just fine. FF

any feed back on the 260 hrc kit

Thanks for all the feed back. You guys earn a lot more than us convicts! The Aussie dollar doesn't cope so well with the euro/pound ! A 260 kit would be awesome but s***t you have to pay for it ! How much better is a quick action throttle Mr FF ? I have raced superbikes , mx , supermotard so the power thing wont bother me but is it a hinderence or a plus ? I know you cant buy skill ! I am currently still on the stock mapping but was going to put it up to the highest just four a play. Cheers again Scott

Thaks FF,

I am an ol' fart but did trials for 10 years as a kid in a previous life so i do understand the basics on a twin shock at least, just keen to know what there is to know ,you know ? :D Having heaps of fun on it. The importer told me not to blip it but if thats the case i'll send it back , its addictive that exhaust note !

Cheers again

PS about your name ?!!!!!!!!

Scott, In my opinion you dont need a quick action throttle, if you try to give it a quick burst of gas to get up a big rock, she wont do it .....period. You need to be at the correct speed well before the obstacle. Dont think the 4RT will snap like a 280 Gaser...it wont....never will.....learn to ride it like a 4 banger!.

seeing vids of the top guns positioning then blasting up obstacles with one bike length for grip and push..are you saying even a lesser skilled rider wont be able to do this?

Have only had a quick ride on a 05 standard 4t and was impressed with the way it generated the thrust to push up and over with a bit of revs and clutching.Not talking more than 3 to 3.5 feet rocks and logs that most mortals attempt.

FF, 2 quick questions:

1) Will the original data cable work for the 2-stage throttle-body??

2) Any idea why various laptops I have tried fail to communicate with the ECU, however when connected to a full PC it works no problem??