Hello, I Just Bought One Of These...

screwdriver

Believe it or not, I brought it home in the back of the estate. Lying down, front wheel off.

IMG_2993.jpg

Anyway, glad to make your acquaintance, hope I'll be seeing more of you now I have my first ever trials bike. Pretty sure its a '91 Beta 250 Zero. It's in a bit of a state but it runs...

Screwdriver.

Edited by Screwdriver

looks more like a 93 beta gara to me , :beer:

have a look thro' all the betas here

Hmm. Impressive :rolleyes: Checked the frame number against the list and it comes back as a 1993 Zero (which I assume is the same thing?)

Here's a better pic or two.

It fits!

IMG_2981.jpg

IMG_2982.jpg

IMG_2984.jpg

IMG_2993.JPG

Thanks for the info. Can't wait to fix it up a bit and join a club. W. London based.

Screwd.

Just had another look and it says 269 on the cylinder so I guess that makes this a Gara 270!

On the other hand it also has odd bolts holding the front disk in place. Well, nearly holding the front disk...

Hey ho. I'll be having a much better look at it tomorrow. Get it up and running again and maybe even have a blat somewhere on Sunday. Wish me luck and maybe see some of you guys later.

Cheers

Screwd.

• 3 months later...

Poor Screwdriver has now given up on this bike due to crankcase problems (water leaks etc). does anyone know who might sell a spare engine or even if another engine off a different bike will go in? Seems a shame to get so close only to be beaten by ally rot.