2004 British Championship Riders List

boydw

Its nice to see tha acu take on board problems and deal with them - NOT!

Just been back home for dinner and had a quick read through the selected riders list,

17 on the british championship course,

5 or 6 on the masters,

29 on the expert route,

5 riders from youth.

with 9 in priority order for the reserve list - Which includes riders such as Richard Timperley, Nathan Wrigglesworth etc - who both, i will admit are better riders than me!

So how does the ACU board select these riders, is it on merit, previous results etc, because i find it hard to believe that Maria Conway can be accepted straight on to the expert championship list, and Richard Timperley can't, This is not a dig at Maria's ability, it is one directly at the acu

Because there will be about thirty riders wondering this, who are below the reserve list hoping to get a chance at a ride, in one of the rounds.

Any one else got any comments

Hey guys I am sorry ;) I purely signed up for the Expert class hoping to be put on the reserve list nothing else. I feel bad that I am taking someone's place, I will try and have a word with the ACU to more me off the accepted list.

Take Care

Maria

I think there is a fair argument that Maria needs tha practice at hard trials if she is to progress at international level. However the ACU has and SSDT for example have shown favoritism towards the girls for no other reason than the fact they are girls and good PR. They do have thier own championship and if its not hard enough for maria (blatantly not) then they should give her special dispensation (ie a place not taken away from an expert) to ride in the champs just like they did for Alexz Wigg last year.

To be honest if we are going to be anywhere in world trials the A class and B class top lads need the break into top line competition sooner than they are getting it.

Edited by Nigel Dabster

I think the replies to this post are missing my point, i agree Maria should be able to ride in the Expert british Championships, as she needs to ride events at that level. In order to progress.

What i don't understand is the selection process tha acu have, and what it is based on.

Last year i wasn't guarenteed a ride until i scored a point in the first round, however other riders who i was regularly beating each weekend were guarenteed a ride, but had never scored points before?

As i have said its the selection process that baffles me, just wondered if any one could shed any light (and the truth)

I think the replies to this post are missing my point, i agree Maria should be able to ride in the Expert british Championships, as she needs to ride events at that level. In order to progress.

What i don't understand is the selection process tha acu have, and what it is based on.

Last year i wasn't guarenteed a ride until i scored a point in the first round, however other riders who i was regularly beating each weekend were guarenteed a ride, but had never scored points before?

As i have said its the selection process that baffles me, just wondered if any one could shed any light (and the truth)

In agreement with you boyd there are some strange selections there to name names Rob Warner. He is a capable rider but I doubt if he will compete in all the rounds anyway and why has he got preference over for example Kirk Vitty, perhaps because this is a secret selection then it is even more open to question. I know Alexz Wigg had terrble trouble getting on the ACU training squad and he is one of our best prospects at the moment, among others of course.

I'm confused (doesn't take much): Both Graham Jarvis and Dougie Lampkin are listed but I thought that they were both riding the Spanish championship instead...? Is it 'cos, y'know, it's Graham and Dougie and they get an automatic entry? If so, fair enough I suppose but since it's unlikely that they'll be actually riding, are they occupying slots that could be allocated to other riders?