Air Box Sealing?

moulder

I have heard that some people seal there air box's with silicone to help stop water getting in when riding through streams. Do people block the drain at the bottom? As its right at the bottom water would easily get into the box, but then if it's blocked theres no way for the water to escape. I agree that the box should be taken apart and all of the joints sealed with silicone etc.

Any advice/experience would be great as I am riding the Mid Wales Novagar next week end which I guess is all rocky streams.

:):(

just sealed up mine although im not too sure about filling up the drainage hole in the bottom because dont forget the filter still has to suck in air, although there is a huuuuuge slot at the front of the airbox where it can get it from. also iv just bought a biiger mudflap for the box and a bigger flap thingy that goes near the front of the airbox and a jitsie dual air filter which seems to work well.