Availability Of Stiffer Fork Springs 2006 Gasgas 300

buckholz

Anybody know if anybody makes/sells them? I go 235lbs, and suspension is about half used up.

I figure if I can't find any, I'll take a chance at cutting the stock fork springs shorter and adding spacers.

I can get a stiffer shock spring from Ohlins, but so far my gasgas dealer in AZ can't find stiffer fork springs.

The RAGA supposedly had stiffer springs, but the dealer and importer were unable to confirm that nor find a part number.

Anybody know if anybody makes/sells them? I go 235lbs, and suspension is about half used up.

I figure if I can't find any, I'll take a chance at cutting the stock fork springs shorter and adding spacers.

I can get a stiffer shock spring from Ohlins, but so far my gasgas dealer in AZ can't find stiffer fork springs.

The RAGA supposedly had stiffer springs, but the dealer and importer were unable to confirm that nor find a part number.

Does anyone have the dimensions of that 06? we havent takend dad's 06 apart yet, and the part number is same as 05 until last digit, not that it matters but I bet they are same diameter as the 04 & o5 pros, arent they? Maybe we're lucky they are just softer than say the o4? I (er actually someone did) added an inch to the spacer in my 04, but did it with a valve spring (much harder to compres but it would). what they did was cut 2 inches off the spacer, then insert this valve spring (that is roughly 3 inches long) making it one inch longer, yet it will compress if pushed that far.

BTWI have a napa number for the valve spring for the 04, like I said I havent taken the 06 apart, probably wont for a couple months form now. But if you tell me the diameter of the 06 spring, using caliper, Ill compare to the spring I have, I'd bet it works...

FWIW, wonder if an 04 spring is tougher but same?

06 spring part # is: bt280414106

05 is this : bt280414105

04 is this : bt280414108

this from the manuals on gasgas UK's site...

like I said, maybe some more than just last number means big difference, but might get lucky and it is only lenght or strenght? I believe 05' & 04 are same fork, right?