Re-painting Engine

mcerem

Hi, I'm currently trying to tidy my fantic 240 pro and after having the frame powder coated would like to re-paint the engine. What would be the best way to go about this? Should I have it shot blasted then give it a coat of PJ1 or similar? Any advice would be appreciated.

Ross

Also, how much fork oil does each leg take?

Cheers

Edited by mcerem

I don't know how much your going to spend on this, but I would find some LPS cold galvinizing spray paint, sand blast the engine and us the LPS as a primer. It's very strong, not real smooth thats why I would us it as a primer. I used it on a header pipe and it lasted a long time.

I have disasembled the engine, then build it together whitout the crankshaft etc. All the holes where closed.

Then the cases and barrel where sandblasted and after that the engine is powdercoated.

Each fork leg needs at least 295 cc.

You can get a very good finish with PJ1 satin black engine paint, prepare the castings well and cure the paint in the oven once it has dried. Use 230cc of fork oil per leg, handbook says 10w but I prefer 5w.