When The Power Of A 70 Is Just Not Enough!

neo

If the Beta isn't an option then have a look at the Sherco and the Clipic. The Clipic is smaller and according to NYL felt pretty good alongside the Beta. The Sherco's lock has been addressed by the "cut-out's" on the frame and you can buy the 125, (superior cycle parts) and fit the 80 barrel to allow her to compete. Also I would defend the Beta. On both the 50 and 80 they take a lot of punishment and keep coming back for more.

My son had one of those in 2002 and came third in the british youth D championship so I know they will do the business standard apart from the carb mod.

For his practise he rode the bigger adult sections. The key to riding this bike at an advanced level is to nail the throttle to the stop and work the clutch like the top 125 boys you will be amazed what it will do! The more you rev it the better it will run the key to bigger climbs is to use first gear reving it so hard the power seems to go flat -the hill will often take the revs out of the bike and drop it into peak power and it will go further than you think. I have seen this bike out climb adult bikes because it has not got the guts to spin the rear wheel or lift the front.

Hope this helps

Well gents, this information has been awesome. Especially your post Markymark.

I tried pushing the bike to the stop and got my daughter to do the same. Sure makes a big difference riding like that.

Only thing is it takes almost a 2/3 turn to get the throttle open that far. And it

Hi,

My boy also drives the Gas gas. He is quite big and heavy (13 years). I have studied the power issue a bit and found out that the main weakness in the Gas gas compared to Beta Rev80 is the exhaust system. Beta uses tuned pipe and this adds power to the mid/high range.

Some "trials" with a diffrent exhaust in Gas gas shows that it is easy to get better power band (and also more revs/speed with first gear if needed). Now the thing left is to modify the exhaust to fit into limited space.

Glad you're findimg this useful. if yuor wrist is at the wrong angle for hitting obstacles you may need to overgrip the throttle ie roll your hand over the bar sowhen the throttle is open wide whereyou want it your wrist is also where you want it. the disadvantage isthat it is harder to shut right off but this doesnt matter so much now you are using the clutch to control your speed. With practise you shut the throttle right off by relaxing your grip and letting it snap shut then grab a handful of over grip when you're about to nail it again.you would nt bother though if there are only moments in between. You will be revving the bike more but this engine runs better the more it is revved and have you heard how the125's rev when they are taking on big stuff?

Marky mark