Cold Start - High Revving

titanium

I have an 06 2.9 Sherco. The bike runs fantastic at all throttle settings. My only concern is when cold starting, with the choke on, the bike revs really high. I'm not overly concerned except I don't like to rev a cold bike this hard. I have stripped and cleaned the carb several times, checked the o ring on top of the choke tube, slide tower, etc. I even tried spraying starting fluid all around the carb and intake boot to check for an air leak, but haven't found anything out of the ordinary. I spoke to RYP about this, they said some Shercos do it and others don't. I can live with it, but if I can fix it, I would like to.

Hi

I found my old gasgas doing this when starting it with the choke on. What I did was to put the choke on and start it but as soon as it is started I used the choke with my fingers playing it to keep the revs at an axeptable level but still keeping the bike on the choke.

Hope this helps because it scared the hell out of me when I started it at my first trial! :thumbup:

Sean

• 4 weeks later...