06 Scorpa Problem

jools

Has the bike back fired really badly? Has the bike crashed and run at full throttle and you had to shut it down from full throttle? If so you might have a twisted crank. Remove the flywheel housing and check out the run-out of the flywheel. Did this to mine and it ran like Sh** until I got it repaired. Repair requires splitting the case and twisting the crank back into alignment.

This is not likely, but from the thread, nothing else seems to have worked.

Hi sorry for being so long to update.

dfwilson - no have not had anything like that happen, thanks anyway

I have eliminated the carb because it ran absolutly crap on sunday. Poping and banging. Reeds are ok etc. So now its down to electrics :chairfall: Got my mates bike here (he's kindly lent it to me while he goes on holiday :blink: ) so I can try the coil and the CDI. would like to ride a trial on sunday for the first time in 2 months! will let you know when its sorted.

Found the problem - duff CDI and rectifier! Put on a different one and the bike ran better than it ever has done - possibly a problem from the word go - sorting it out with the dealer the week.

Thanks for all your helpful comments. Hope I can get out this weekend and ride it properly!

Shows theres a first time for everything!!

Thanks again :thumbup: