175 F

dixie

Had a ride on the 175 f scorpa at the bvm test day

What a really good bike it is

my only complaint with the little 125 was its lack of big hill power

the 175 was in my opinion more than powerfull enough for the average clubman rider

if i was not as happy with the monty it would be top of my shopping list

It was so high on my shopping list I bourght one and have never looked back, trouble is once you wash it and have changed the oil occasionally there's nothing else to do. Pretty boring really, it just sits there waiting to be riden, no radiator levels to check, no mixing oils it hasn't even got much of a linkage to grease.

Zzzzzzzzzzzz!!!!!!!! oh well time to blow off a few 270's :hyper:

• 4 weeks later...

Mainly the Birkett mods:

17.5 pilot jet, 102.5 main jet. set float height to 18mm the mixture screw should be set at 3 turns out

Removing exhaust baffles, only remove the 2 middle restrictor bars, DO NOT TAKE THEM ALL OUT!

For the hydraulic clutch extend the actuator arm 1cm.

Rear fender is way too stiff so I removed all screws/cable ties and pulled on a 2inch length of 400x18 inner tube to secure it just infront of the rear muffler, that way the fender just springs back into place.

10t sprocket.

I sealed the area behind the carby to air intake, also selasticated the area behind the air intake so water will run either side of the intake, and lastly made up a rubber cover similar to a SY250 in front of the rear wheel and velcroved that in place.

Last but not least I made up two bash plate extensions out of ali checker plate to protect the casings, these just bolt on to the existing bash plate holes.

Great bike for 99% of situations for 99% of riders!!!!

Thanks for that Austini@!!! :guinness: I test rode he little 125 that Ishy had a couple years ago and thought that if Scorpa could somehow get the price lower, it would surely enable a whole new group of newcomers to enter the sport. I am going to try an get a ride on a 175 soon. If it has enough poop as you say, it would be a fun bike for sure! Thanks for all your tips. Keep you posted

Steve

Mainly the Birkett mods:

17.5 pilot jet, 102.5 main jet. set float height to 18mm the mixture screw should be set at 3 turns out

Removing exhaust baffles, only remove the 2 middle restrictor bars, DO NOT TAKE THEM ALL OUT!

For the hydraulic clutch extend the actuator arm 1cm.

Rear fender is way too stiff so I removed all screws/cable ties and pulled on a 2inch length of 400x18 inner tube to secure it just infront of the rear muffler, that way the fender just springs back into place.

10t sprocket.

I sealed the area behind the carby to air intake, also selasticated the area behind the air intake so water will run either side of the intake, and lastly made up a rubber cover similar to a SY250 in front of the rear wheel and velcroved that in place.

Last but not least I made up two bash plate extensions out of ali checker plate to protect the casings, these just bolt on to the existing bash plate holes.

Great bike for 99% of situations for 99% of riders!!!!

Where did you get the 10T sprocket. Can't find one in the US. Don't understand what you mean by extending the clutch actuator arm.

Really like my 125F long ride. Plenty of power for a low skill rider.

FYI. Mine came with a 105 main and a needle that is not adjustable, so they may have changed standard jetting recently. If you're going to change/check the jets, get a new float gasket. They're hard to save. I sanded the steel clutch plates, and replaced 3 middle fibre plates with ones from a US company called B&J. More progressive engagement.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Don the extension of the clutch arm is just that, an extention just a bolt on, no need to remove the clutch arm. I personelly didn't fit it as it was already fitted by http://www.scorpaaustralia.com/ when I bourght the bike, you may want to contact them as they may have the parts already pre made!!! If you look at the pic previously posted you can make out the rough method of extension and length. (around 1.5cm)

Hope this helps

Regards Austini