Scopra Plastics

coldcake

i've have had my 06 scopra for just 6 weeks and the mudgaurd and tank paint job is crap the paint is coming off on the both of them.it is a great bike i love the ride it gives me,it even makes me look better than i am.but why have they used paint on the plastics.my heart bleeds to see this,and i guess they a'int cheap to replace.

Hey Coldcake

Sorry to hear of your problem. Scorpa plastics are incredibly good, - the plastic itself is much more resistant to breakage than all the other brands. You can turn the rear mudguard right back on itself without any problem - try that on a few of the other bikes and you'll be up for a new guard.

If you bought the bike new, and the problem is not"crash" related, I would be taking it back to the dealer you bought it from, there could be a problem with that bike specifically. If it is a manufacturers fault you'll get new guards!

Is the paint cracking, peeling or lifting? Can you post a pic of the damaged areas?

I have bought and sold lots of Scorpas in Australia and have never had to warranty any plastics because of finish, or anything else. It is a most unusual sort of a problem. I would definitely follow it up with your dealer.

Good luck

Edited by arnoux

250 plastics are pretty good the 175's though are far too stiff and will rip through the mounting screws or cable ties with ease!! I ended up using 2inches of 400X18 inner tube and sliding it on the mudgaurd just forward of the rear muffler that way the mudgaurd just spring back into place.............

most of the damage on my 06 has happened from washing it. You have to be careful. Best is to wash the plastics with some hot water and with some car shampoo and a sponge. The paint on the tank is fine though. Genarally the paint has only come off on the back mudguard. A replacement is