Dunlop Stickers?

neonsurge

A very small thing but it's bugged me for ages: I see a lot of Rev3s with "Dunlop" stickers between the upper and lower fork clamps. Most 06 bikes and all 07s (that I've seen) have them. My own 06 (bought new) doesn't and came with Michelin tyres. Does the Dunlop sticker mean something?

Just wonderin'

What I mean is, many non-factory bikes have them as well. For example, looking at the BVM test day photos on r2wtrials.com, all of the Betas seem to have the Dunlop stickers, not just Steve Saunders' bike. There are a LOT of Betas in this part of the country and most of them seem to have them too. I'd always assumed that they left JLI like that but if new Betas come with X11s fitted, why would that be the case?

The obvious answer is to ask an owner I guess. I'll do that and stop blathering. Thank you for your indulgence.

I can maybe shed some light on this. As someone who receives support from Dunlop I can tell you that part of the 'deal' is that stickers are to be displayed on the bike. You have to conform to contract that also goes on to say that badges should be worn on clothing and hats after a race etc. Take a look at the Gas Gas bikes, they're sponsered by Michelin. The White Scorpa has also go Dunlop stickers.